|Prakash Raj Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 26, 1965|
Prakash Raj is an Indian actor known for his work in the Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada film industry. He has also worked in Bollywood films like Wanted, Singh Sahab, Singham, Dabbang 2, and many others. Prakash is also a director and a producer who has directed films like Naanu Nanna Kanasu (2010), Oggarane (2014), and various other films. He is widely followed for playing villain characters and for his ease in saying dialogues. Prakash is also involved in politics and began his political career with the hashtag #justasking. He is involved in humanitarian works and has been a part of various controversies as well.
Bangalore, Mysore State, India
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
He completed his schooling from St. Joseph’s Indian High School, Bangalore and then completed his graduation from St. Joseph’s College of Commerce, Bangalore.
Actor, Producer, Director, Politician
- Father – Manjunath Rai
- Mother – Swarnalatha Rai
- Siblings – Prasad Raj (Brother) (Actor)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Prakash has dated –
- Lalitha Kumari (1994-2009) – Prakash and Lalitha tied the knot in 1994 and they have 2 daughters Meghana and, Pooja, and had a son, Sidhu.
- Pony Verma (2010-Present) – Pony and Prakash got married in the year 2010 and have been together since then. They have a son together named Vedhanth.
Race / Ethnicity
His father is a Tuluva.
Prakash has been a part of commercials like –
- Junglee Rummy
Prakash Raj Favorite Things
- Hobby – Reading
Source – BookMyShow
Prakash Raj Facts
- He has acted in more than 2000 plays.
- Prakash started acting when he was in the 7th standard.
- He changed his name from Prakash Rai to Prakash Raj on the suggestion of director K. Balachander.
- He has a production house named Duet Movies.
- His son Sidhu died when he was just 5 years old.
- He is a follower of Buddha.
- His debut film was Mithileya Seetheyaru in the year 1988.
- He adopted the villages of Kondareddypalle in Mahabubnagar District, Telangana state for its development.
- In 2019, general elections, Prakash contested as an individual contestant.
- He started his political career after the death of his friend journalist Gauri Lankesh.
Featured Image By Sreejith Koiloth / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0