|Priyanka Goswami Quick Info
|5 ft 4 in
|Date of Birth
|March 10, 1996
Priyanka Goswami is an Indian athlete who is an international race walker in the 20-kilometer race walk. She represented her country at the Tokyo Olympics, finishing in 17th position, and further went on to win the Silver medal in the 10000-meter walk at the 2022 Commonwealth Games.
Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh, India
Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, India
She studied at Kanohar Lal Girls School before going on to attend Seth B.k. Maheshwari Kanya Inter College in Sarai LAL DAS, Meerut, and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
She has trained under the watchful eyes of Gaurav Tyagi and Gurmeet Singh.
- Father – Madanpal Goswami (Bus Conductor)
- Mother – Anita Goswami (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Kapil Goswami (Brother)
Priyanka is represented by Ajinkya Hatkar of IOS Sports & Entertainment.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Long legs
Priyanka Goswami Facts
- Her father was suspended from his job in 2011, whereas, her brother is a state-level boxer.
- She joined the Sports Authority of India, Bengaluru in 2015.
- In March 2018, she was offered up a job as a clerk on the Indian railway on the bases of a sports quota, which she took.
- Until 6th standard, Priyanka took an interest in gymnastics after which she went on to enjoy taking part in various athletic events until she finally settled on training in race walking in 2011, on the advice of her coach. At the time, Priyanka had been taking part in 800m and 1500m running races.
- Priyanka is a devotee of Krishna.
- She turned pro at the 8th Open National & International race walking championship in February 2021.
- Originally, Priyanka is from Sagdi Village.
- The earliest post that Priyanka uploaded to her Instagram account was on May 19, 2017. It was a picture of her that was taken in McLeodganj, Dharamshala Himachal Pradesh with her friends.
- On January 24, 2021, Priyanka was presented with the Rani Laxmi Bai award for her excellent sportsmanship.
- Priyanka is a fashionista.
- In 2022, she became the first Indian to win a silver medal in the Commonwealth Games (CWG) which was held in Birmingham in 2022 where she finished the 10,000 m walk race in 2nd place and set a personal best time of 43:38:83s. Before her, Kavita Raut had won a bronze medal at CWG 2010.
Featured Image By Priyanka Goswami / Instagram