|Qveen Herby Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7.5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 29, 1986|
Qveen Herby is an American singer, songwriter, rapper, and entrepreneur, best known as a part of the music duo Karmin with her husband Nick Noonan, whom she met at college. The duo released 2 studio albums – Pulses on March 25, 2014, and Leo Rising on September 9, 2016, and 3 EP albums – Inside Out (2010), The Winslow Sessions (2011), and Hello (2012). In 2017, they announced that they wouldn’t tour that year, and soon after, all of the social media accounts were changed from Karmin to Qveen Herby, and a preview was posted stating “Karmin Is Dead, Long Live the Qveen.” Her solo singing career started with the rebranding, and the music video for her debut single, Busta Rhymes, was released on June 1, 2017, followed by a whole EP album titled EP 1 one day later, consisting of 4 more songs.
Her debut solo EP, released via Checkbook Records, peaked at the 13th spot on the U.S. Heatseekers Albums Chart, and 37th on the U.S. Independent Albums Chart. EP 2 came out only a few months later, on December 1, 2017, consisting of 5 songs – Wifey, Bank, Holiday, Love Myself, and Well Dressed, which became a regular occurrence for extended play albums. EP 3 was released on June 8, 2018, EP 4 on November 2, 2018, and EP 5 on February 8, 2019, all under Checkbook Records. Qveen has amassed more than 2 million likes on Facebook, more than 2 million subscribers on YouTube, and more than 500k followers on Instagram.
Amy Renee Heidemann
Qveen Herby, Karmin
Seward, Nebraska, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Qveen Herby graduated from Seward High School in Seward, Nebraska, United States. She then enrolled in Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts, United States, and graduated in 2008.
Singer, Songwriter, Rapper, Entrepreneur
- Father – Mark G. Heidemann
- Mother – Teresa L. “Teri” Heidemann
- Siblings – Unknown
Qveen Herby is represented by Brian Edelman of William Morris Endeavor Entertainment in Beverly Hills, California, United States, and New York City, New York, United States.
R&B, Hip Hop, EDM, Pop
5 ft 7.5 in or 171.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Qveen Herby has dated –
- Nick Noonan (2005-Present) – She met Nick while they were both attending Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts, and began dating him in September 2005. They founded the pop duo Karmin together and started releasing cover songs on their YouTube channel before they got signed to Epic Records and released their debut EP in 2012. In an interview in March 2016, Qveen and Nick confirmed that they had gotten married already. Soon after, she changed her Twitter name from “Amy Heidemann”, her born name, to “Amy Noonan”, which was Nick’s last name that she had taken in marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of German descent.
She has dyed her hair ‘Blonde’ and ‘Light Brown’ in the past.
- Slim physique
- Often wears glasses
- Ponytail or hair bun hairstyle
Qveen Herby has endorsed brands such as –
- Qveen Studios
- Qveen Merchandise
- Champs Sports Women’s
- The 7 Percent US
Best Known For
- Being a part of a pop duo Karmin, and releasing 2 studio albums – Pulses (2014), and Leo Rising (2016), and 3 EP albums – Inside Out (2010), The Winslow Sessions (2011), and Hello (2012).
- Her solo EP albums – EP 1 (2017), EP 2 (2017), EP 3 (2018), EP 4 (2018), EP 5 (2019)
- Being the creator of her own cosmetics line of products – Qveen Studio, as well as Qveen Merchandise
Qveen Herby, as part of the duo Karmin, released her debut studio album Pulses on March 25, 2014, under the Epic Records record label. The debut promotional single for the album, Acapella, peaked at the number 72 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, 9 in New Zealand, and 4 in Australia. The 2nd single, I Want It All, followed in late 2013, after which 11 additional songs ended up on the full-length album.
Qveen Herby made her theatrical film debut as the voice for Rapping Sloth in an animated comedy Rio 2 in 2014.
First TV Show
Qveen Herby made her first TV show appearance as herself on the talk-show Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show on February 10, 2011.
Qveen Herby Favorite Things
- Artists – Rihanna, Gwen Stefani, Aaliyah, Kendrick Lamar, Brandy, Lil Wayne, Busta Rhymes, Pharrell Williams, Missy Elliott, Dr. Dre, Beyoncé
- Interests – Fashion, Beauty, Fitness, Wellness
Source – Facebook Bio
Qveen Herby Facts
- She grew up listening to Mariah Carey, Brandy Norwood, and the hip hop, R&B, and pop hits of the 1990s.
- When asked about artists that were worth her audience’s attention, she listed Maliibu Miitch, CupcakKe, Taylor Gordon, and Gifted Gab and Blimes Brixton.
- As part of the pop duo Karmin, she started out by simply doing song covers on their YouTube channel, which audience responded very positively to.
- Karmin signed a record deal with Epic Records in 2011, which led to their debut studio EP, Hello, released on May 7, 2012.
- As part of the promotion of their upcoming debut studio album in 2013, Karmin covered a well-known song Started from the Bottom by rapper Drake, as well as the mash-up song Sweet Dreams/Karate Chop by rapper Future.
- After the release of their debut album, Pulse, on March 25, 2014, they went on a tour to promote it. As soon as the tour ended, Karmin backed out of their major label deal with Epic Records.
- The duo claimed the reason for leaving behind such a huge career opportunity was a need for independence, as they wanted to change their style to something “nerdier” and “more hip hop and R&B”, which Epic Records wasn’t on board about.
- Her cosmetics business, Qveen Studios, that she launched with DJ Audrey Napoleon, was inspired by the songs on her solo album EP 2, released on December 1, 2017.
- Qveen Herby was captivated by the topic of female empowerment, which was why she joined and promoted The 7 Percent US platform.
- She said that her merchandise product line was a practice round and an organic way into the market for her audience. Her true intentions were focused on the cosmetics line Qveen Studios.
- She designed Qveen Studios in a way that it doesn’t wear off even during intense physical activity and sweating profusely because she dedicated it to women that are active and fearless.
- Qveen used a special tactic to boost her sales – she would put a random male name on the e-mails for the company because she found out that people were more responsive to men asking questions or sending proposals.
- She was inspired by the business model of Kylie Jenner, who launched her beauty brand on Snapchat and became a self-made billionaire in 2019.
- Qveen said that makeup was only the beginning of her plans for entrepreneurship. Her ultimate goal with Qveen Studios was to have a beauty, health, and wellness brand that would feature anything that made women feel like a queen when they put it on.
- On April 6, 2019, Qveen announced that her 6th extended play album, under the name EP 6, was set to be released on May 3, 2019.
- Visit her official websites @ qveenherby.com, qveenstudio.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Soundcloud, Spotify, and iTunes.
Featured Image by Qveen Herby / Instagram