|Big Boy Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 8, 1969|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Los Angeles, California, USA
Big Boy went to Culver City High School.
Radio host, Actor, Former bodyguard and Author
- Mother – Ida Alexander
Big Boy is managed by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, California, USA.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Big Boy has dated –
- Veronica Alexander – Big Boy is married to Veronica, who was once a colleague of his. They have a son and a daughter.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African-American ancestry.
- Long chin
- Broad smile
Best Known For
- Hosting the morning show at Rhythmic Contemporary in Power 106 (Station KPWR, Los Angeles).
- His nearly n*de 500-plus pound billboard image that Power 106 placed throughout Greater Los Angeles in late 1990s and early 2000s.
He made his theatrical film debut as Joe in the 1998 comedy-drama, The Players Club.
First TV Show
In 1998, he made his television show debut in the talk show Vibe.
In 2006, Big Boy underwent a surgery where around 300 pounds was removed from his body. After the surgery, he is maintaining his diet by eating healthy food.
He follows a diet of chicken, leafy green vegetables, and juice. He eats smaller portion meals and takes supplements like trace minerals, kidney extract, liquid vitamins, calcium, protein bars, and shakes.
Big Boy does not follow a strict workout routine or hits the gym regularly. Rather, he has taken up martial arts and chases his son around the house.
Big Boy Facts
- He was a bodyguard for the music group The Pharcyde.
- The amazing factor about Big Boy is that despite his large physique, he never took advantage of his power during his high school days.
- He has received Personality of The Year title, 4 times during Radio Music Awards and 3 times by Radio and Records magazine.
- In September 2015, he was inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame.
- In 2003, Big Boy had undergone a bariatric surgery called the “Duodenal Switch”.
- On August 20, 2007, the show The Big Boy’s Neighborhood Morning Show was launched nationwide.
- In 2010, Big Boy launched his own film production company, Ida’s Son Productions.
- On December 27, 2011, Big Boy released a book titled An XL Life: Staying Big at Half the Size. It is an autobiographical book about his struggle with weight and the extreme thing he did to control it.
- He is a radio host in the wildly successful Grand Theft Auto 5 video game on the Los Santos radio station.
Featured Image by Big Boy / Instagram