|Rajat Patidar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||June 1, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rajat Patidar is an Indian professional cricketer who has played for his home state of Madhya Pradesh (2015–Present) across all 3 formats, as a top-order batsman, in the Indian domestic circuit. In the IPL (Indian Premier League), he has turned out for Royal Challengers Bangalore (2021–Present).
Rajat Manohar Patidar
Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
- Father – Manohar Patidar (Businessman)
- Siblings – Mahendra Patidar (Brother), Sunita Patidar (Sister)
Right-Arm Off Break
Top Order Batsman
97 – Royal Challengers Bangalore (IPL)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
It was reported that Rajat was due to get married to a girl from Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh in May 2022. However, his sudden call-up to the Royal Challengers Bangalore squad for the 2022 edition of the IPL forced his family to change those plans. The wedding was, reportedly, postponed to July 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Affable smile
- Sports a beard
- Has his left hand covered in tattoos
Rajat Patidar Facts
- Although Rajat belongs to a family of businesspersons, he was always interested in cricket from a very young age. He first joined a cricket club at the age of 8 and was later enrolled in a cricket academy by his grandfather.
- He made his first-class debut for Madhya Pradesh in October 2015 during the 2015–16 season of the Ranji Trophy (India’s premier domestic first-class cricket competition). He had made an immediate impression by scoring a half-century and a century in the 2 innings of that match.
- About 2 months later, he made his List A debut in a match against Saurashtra, during the 2015–16 season of the Vijay Hazare Trophy (India’s premier domestic one-day cricket competition). He had created an impact in that match as well by scoring 53 runs in just 40 balls while opening the innings.
- Although his start in domestic cricket was quite promising, his breakthrough took a while coming. In the 2018–19 domestic cricket season, he was the leading run-scorer for Madhya Pradesh in the Ranji Trophy, with 713 runs in 8 matches.
- The performance helped him get selected to the India Blue squad for the 2019–20 edition of the Duleep Trophy (a domestic first-class cricket competition originally contested by teams representing geographical zones of India which since 2016–17 has been played by teams chosen by the BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) selectors).
- He had turned heads with his sensational knock of 112 runs not out in just 54 balls in the eliminator match of the 2022 season of the IPL. He was named the ‘Player of the Match’ for his performance. The performance had helped the Royal Challengers Bangalore reach the 2nd qualifier in the playoffs (the match just before the final) of that tournament. He had top-scored for his team in that match as well (58 runs off 42 balls) but Royal Challengers Bangalore had lost by 7 wickets.
- About a month later, he was an integral member of the Madhya Pradesh squad that had won the Ranji Trophy for the first time in history.
Featured Image by Rajat Patidar / Instagram