|Raphael Assunção Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 19, 1982|
Raphael Assunção is a Brazilian mixed martial artist known for having won “Fight of the Night” and “Performance of the Night” titles in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. He fights in the “Southpaw” stance technique. He has a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt to his credit and is associated with Ascension Mixed Martial Arts center in Atlanta, Georgia.
Raphael O. Assunção
Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil
- Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil
- Atlanta, Georgia, United States
There is no information about the school or colleges that Raphael Assunção attended.
Mixed Martial Artist
- Father – Cleuder Assunção
- Mother – Francisca Assunção
- Siblings – Júnior Assunção (Older Brother) (MMA fighter), Freddy Assunção (Twin Brother) (Owner of Ascension MMA Alpharetta and PFL fighter)
- Others – Camilla Assunção (Niece), Betty Oliveira (Mother-In-Law), Gustavo Oliveira (Cousin)
Raphael Assunção is managed by Daniel Rubenstein of Ruby Sports & Entertainment, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States.
- Featherweight (2004–2011)
- Bantamweight (2011–Present)
66½ in or 169 cm
Ascension Mixed Martial Arts
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Raphael Assunção has a beautiful wife and a daughter (b. March 30, 2016). He often shares their photos on Instagram.
Race / Ethnicity
- Narrow strong jawline
- Thick strong neck
Raphael Assunção has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Hobby Pro Photo
- Ascension MMA & Fitness
- ACI Motorsports
- Hayabusa Combat
- Motion Control Suspension
- Essex Parts Services
- Cold One Therapy
- Topps Digital
Best Known For
- Being a successful mixed martial artist and Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) fighter competing in the Bantamweight division
- Holding on to #3 position in the official UFC Bantamweight rankings and #5 position according to sherdog.com as of June 2018
- His remarkable victories over T.J. Dillashaw, Marlon Moraes, Joe Lauzon, and Jorge Masvidal
First MMA Match
On January 23, 2004, he made his MMA debut in ISCF: Friday Night Fight event in Atlanta, Georgia, against Chris Clark, winning the match by 1-0 by TKO (punches).
Raphael Assunção trains daily, 3 times a day. He gets a 2 half day, which is mainly Tuesday and Thursday, off from training per week.
Raphael Assunção Facts
- He and his brother Júnior Assunção, a UFC veteran, is listed as part of the brother tandem fighters in the UFC.
- In 2000, he started training after being influenced by his cousin Gustavo Oliveira and legend Royce Gracie.
- He has held the titles of BJJ black belt, Pan American Championship, and Shotokan 2004 Championship.
- Fighting in the UFC helps him to stay focused and motivated as it means being a part of the biggest fighting organization in the world.
- In August 2015, he underwent an ankle surgery where a heavy metal was inserted to his ankle after his broken ankle failed to heal properly.
- Before fighting professionally, he was a Brazilian jiu-jitsu instructor.
- Visit his official training website @ ascensionmma.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Raphael Assunção / Instagram