|Rashad Jennings Quick Info
|6 ft 1 in
|Date of Birth
|March 26, 1985
Rashad Jennings had marked his glory while playing for National Football League as running back. He was first drafted by Jacksonville Jaguars in the seventh round of NFL 2009. Jennings had quoted himself as “270 lb. chubby kid with asthma and glasses” but in his college days also, he had been a well-known football player. Rashad then claimed himself to be a free agent of NFL and took his athletic capabilities to the floor of Dancing with the Stars, and partnered with Emma Slater. It was in 2017 when Jennings decided to retire from New York Giants and settled himself as a regular TV presenter.
Rashad Andre Jennings
Forest, Virginia, United States
Rashad attended high school at the Lynchburg Christian Academy in Virginia.
He then got enrolled into Pittsburgh University where he majored in Psychology and Sociology.
He then went to Liberty University and played college football there. He graduated from there by double majoring in Sports Management and Business and a minor in Biblical Education.
Ex-American Football Running Back
- Father – Albert Jennings
- Mother – Deborah Jennings
- Siblings – Butch Jennings (Older Brother), Bryan Jennings (Older Brother)
He self manages his career.
- 23 – New York Giants / Running Back, Jacksonville Jaguars / Running Back
- 27 – Oakland Raiders / Running Back
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
105 kg or 231.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rashad has dated –
- Emma Slater (2017) – There were rumors of Rashad being involved with his dance partner, English choreographer Emma Slater when they were paired in the Dancing with the Stars in 2017.
In an interview, Rashad confronted that he was involved with his ex-girlfriend but currently, he is focusing on his career instead of on any romantic relationships. Further, he had also stated that whosoever he would think is suitable to be his wife, she would need to get approved by his mother.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African-American ancestry.
- Roger Dubuis Excalibur watch (2016)
- USANA Health Sciences (2014)
- Rashad Jennings Foundation
Best Known For
Having appreciable statistics in NFL –
- Rushing Yards – 3,772
- Rushing Average – 4.1
- Rushing Touchdowns – 23
- Receptions – 191
- Receiving Yards – 1,469
- Receiving Touchdowns – 2
He is also well known for winning Dancing with the Stars season 24 in 2017. His dancing partner was Emma Slater.
First American Football Match
Rashad made his American football debut for Jacksonville Jaguars in 2009. Jacksonville drafted Jennings in the seventh round of 2009 NFL Draft.
First TV Show
In 2015, he gave his voice in an episode of sports talk-show Mike & Mike as himself – New York Giants.
Throughout his NFL career, Rashad has maintained a clean diet and has regularly done his exercises. He stays away from dairy products and his diet is gluten-free.
Rashad’s personal chef helps him eat clean. Whenever Rashad is not at home, his chef makes the food and packs it in a bag to keep it fresh.
He eats a lot of protein especially animal protein like chicken. He also has protein powder to complete his daily protein intake. Flaxseeds, oats, banana helps him to stay full for long as they are a good source of fiber. Overall, he eats a balanced diet with 3 meals daily.
Regarding workout, he does a variety of exercises daily and targets different body parts daily. He lays special emphasis on shoulders by doing exercises like shoulder presses, lateral raises, etc.
Rashad Jennings Favorite Things
- Healthy Food – Turkey meatloaf with pesto pasta and sautéed vegetables
- Snack – Hummus spread on a toast (gluten-free) with avocados and turkey bacon
Source – NFL
Rashad Jennings Facts
- He has written a series of books for kids under the title ‘Arcade Livingston’.
- He had written his first book in 2018 titled The IF In Life: How To Get Off Life’s Sidelines and Become Your Best Self.
- His first touchdown was scored in 2009 while rushing for 28 yards.
- Rashad had always desired to be a footballer but his overweight build and asthma had been a big barrier.
- He has inherited his football game from his father, who had secured a scholarship in the University of Nebraska on the basis of his game but had put it down to join the U.S. Air Force.
- While playing for New York Giants against Houston Texans, Rashad called his father who is a double amputee due to diabetes and dedicated that match to him. In the said match, Jennings had rushed 176 yards on 34 carries with a single touchdown.
- He had also dedicated his performance at Dancing with the Stars in season 24 to his dad.
- Rashad’s older brothers Butch and Bryan were also strong players. Jennings calls them as his best players, both Butch and Bryan had also played in NFL.
- After initiating his studies in his home town Forest, Virginia at Jefferson Forest High School, he played only the last game of his junior year as a fifth-string running back. He showed an amazing game when he ran the ball in for a 30-yard touchdown. It was only after a 40-yard rushing touchdown and 2 more on defense, that he was approached by the scout of the University of Tennessee.
- For more information, visit his official website @ rashadjennings.com.
- Connect with Rashad on Instagram and Facebook.
Featured Image by Rashad Jennings / Instagram