Raymond Anthony Lewis Jr.
Bartow, Florida, United States
Raymond attended Kathleen High School where he played as a wrestler and linebacker. After he finished his high school studies, Lewis continued his education at Miami University. Eventually, Ray decided to forgo his senior year at Miami so he can enter the NFL draft.
In 2004, Lewis achieved a bachelor degree in Arts and Science from the University of Maryland.
Former American Football Player
- Father – Elbert Ray Jackson
- Mother – Sunseria
- Siblings – Keon Lattimore (Older Brother) (NFL Player), Lakeisha Jenkins (Sister), Kadaja Holloway (Sister), Laquesha Jenkins (Sister)
Ray is signed with Athletes First.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
109 kg or 240 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
- Tatyana McCall – Ray is married to Tatyana McCall. Together they have three sons Ray Lewis III, Rayshad and Rahsaan.
Raymond is also a father to another son and two daughters from his previous relationships.
Race / Ethnicity
- Big muscular body
- Deep and powerful voice
Ray Lewis’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 54 in or 137 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 17 in or 43 cm
- Waist – 37.5 in or 95 cm
Ray has been seen in TV commercials for NFL Network, Reebok, Under Armor, Old Spice, Eastern Motors and others.
Best Known For
Ray is considered to be one of the best linebackers of all time. He is also known for his accomplishments such as being the 2000 and 2003 NFL Defensive Player of the Year and Super Bowl MVP.
First American Football Match
On September 1, 1996, Lewis made his NFL debut as a member of Baltimore Ravens against Oakland Raiders. The Ravens won the game with 19-14.
In 2014, Raymond acted as Ray Lewis in the drama sport film Draft Day.
First TV Show
Other than NFL matches itself, Lewis appeared in the TV series (as an actor) From Glory Days as Ray Lewis – Former 2x NFL Super Bowls Champion & MVP in 2014.
Throughout his NFL career, Ray has gone through different types of training in order to become the best defensive player in NFL. Lewis has done boxing, martial arts, conditioning and running, training in the swimming pool, weight training and other types of training which helped him to reach his main goal of becoming one of the strongest linebackers of his generation.
Ray Lewis Favorite Things
- Movies – Braveheart (1995), Gladiator (2000)
- Food – Sea Food, Spaghetti, Vegetables
- Athlete – Muhammad Ali
- Hottie – Salma Hayek
- Comedian – Bernie Mac
- Gadget – Cell Phone
- Beer – Amstel Light
Source – YouTube, YouTube, Gunaxin.com
Ray Lewis Facts
- Lewis has formed his Ray Lewis 52 not-for-profit organization which offers help to disadvantaged youth from economic and personal perspective.
- He was selected as the 26th overall pick in the 1996 NFL Draft by the Baltimore Ravens.
- In the summer of 2006, he was given the JB award in honor of James Brown (CBS broadcaster).
- In 2004, Lewis was added on the cover of Madden NFL 2005 video game.
- In 2006, Ray wanted to try his luck in NASCAR racing intending to race with cars and trucks. Eventually, his plan did not execute.
- On the TV show The Sports List, Lewis was chosen as one of the three best linebackers of all time.
- On January 2, 2013, he announced his retirement after the 2012-2013 NFL season.
- His last career game was Super Bowl XLVII in which Baltimore won over San Francisco 49ers with the final result being 34-31.
- He was the Super Bowl XXXV MVP.
- On January 31, 2000, he was part of a fight between his friends and another group of people which ended up with two people being stabbed to death (Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar). Two of his friends who were involved in the accident Oakley and Sweeting had bought knives before the Super Bowl XXXIV which was confirmed by Lewis in his testimony for the police. However, Ray who was falsely accused of double murder ended up on a 12-month probation as the maximum sentence for a first-time offender is one year of imprisonment. The NFL also charged the NFL star with 250,000 dollars for being a part of an incident. In June 2000, both Oakley and Sweeting were released of the charges and no other suspects were imprisoned for the incident.
- Visit Ray’s official website @ raylewis.com.
- Follow Ray on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.