|Ray Toro Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||July 15, 1977|
Ray Toro is an American musician and songwriter who is well known for being the lead guitarist of the band, My Chemical Romance. The band was formed in the late 1990s and involved 4 musicians: Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Shawn Dillon, and Pelissier. Ray Toro was the one in charge of a tour they organized in Japan, dedicated to the individuals who were affected by the earthquake and tsunami that damaged lives and properties in 2011. They donated all the proceeds from the tour to the Red Cross. Before the band got separated in 2013, they had already released up to 6 albums, 4 of which were studio albums. They had also made more than 10 appearances as features on other albums and had released 15 music videos. They were about to release their 5th studio album when the band broke up.
After their break up, Ray Toro had also joined other bands on tours. He joined the James Dewees’s band on a tour in the late periods of 2013. Ray released a solo song titled Isn’t That Something in May 2013. This song was a completely solo song which had every sound made by him, from the instruments to the voice and even the mixing of sounds. Apart from having a musical career, Ray Toro has also had his time on screen, acting in movies and television shows. He appeared in a movie titled Punk Rock Holocaust 2 in 2007. It was a comedy horror movie. He also appeared in an episode of Conan (2011) with the band My Chemical Romance.
Raymond Manuel Toro-Ortiz
Ray, Afro man, Princess Fro Fro, The Man with a Plan, High Sauce Wizard
Kearny, New Jersey, United States
Ray Toro attended Kearny High School in Kearny in Hudson County, New Jersey, United States. He later went to William Paterson University in Wayne, New Jersey, United States.
Musician, Guitarist, Songwriter
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – He has 2 brothers.
- Others – Larry Fine (Great Grandfather)
There is no much information about Ray Toro’s manager.
Alternative Rock, Emo, Pop Punk, Post-Hardcore, Punk Rock, Hard Rock, Electronic Rock
Vocals, Guitar, Drums
- Reprise Records
- Warner Bros. Records
- Eyeball Records
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ray Toro has dated –
- Christa Toro (2008-Present) – Ray Toro and Christa Toro got married in November 2008, during My Chemical Romance’s break between The Black Parade and Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys. They had a son together in November 2012, 4 years after their union.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Hispanic)
He is of Puerto Rican-Portuguese descent.
Very full afro
Best Known For
Being the lead guitarist and vocalist of the band My Chemical Romance till they got separated in 2013
As a Singer
On November 18, 2016, Toro released his debut album, Remember the Laughter. He had been working on it at home for the past 3 years before it was released.
First TV Show
Ray Toro made his first TV show appearance as Himself in The Tonight Show with Jay Leno in 2007.
Ray Toro Favorite Things
- Pets – Dogs
Source – Wikipedia
Ray Toro Facts
- He was the lead guitarist of the rock band, My Chemical Romance. He also played the role of a vocalist in some of the tracks and on stage.
- Ray grew up with his 2 brothers and parents in a small house in New Jersey. The house was located between Harrison and Kearny.
- His interest in music grew when he was in high school in the hometown he grew up in.
- His brothers were very supportive of him. One of them introduced him to the guitarists of several other bands. These guitarists influenced his performance and caused him to take music lessons.
- Ray Toro once took typing lessons.
- He was involved in a band known as Dead Go West when he was enrolled in William Patterson University in Wayne, New Jersey. He was the drummer for the band.
- Being in a band that toured the whole world was not his dream. He would rather write music and record alone, enjoying the process of both.
- After high school, Ray’s interest had switched from music to acting. He wanted to be seen on television screens and not taking the path he later followed, going on tours and releasing albums with a band. He once made a short film on his own about a man who had a deep fascination for eating eggs. When he discovers that there was only 1 egg left and he couldn’t break it, he ran mad.
- Ray Toro had been involved in different local bands throughout his music career.
- He has appeared in several movies and television shows, accomplishing his goal of being seen on screen. Ray has also recorded soundtracks for various movies. His song Happy Together was used in the 2018 web series The Umbrella Academy.
- He was once compared to Queen’s guitarist Brian May. He claimed to be very honored by the comparison but said that Brian May was an exceptional being that could play whatever was possible. Brian was one of the major influences in his guitar style.
- Toro provided Voltaire, a dark cabaret singer with guitars for her album Raised by Bats in 2014.
- He recorded his debut album in his home.
- He met the woman he later married when he was on a break between the 3rd and 4th album released by the rock band, My Chemical Romance.
- When he was younger, he was a huge fan of Randy Rhoads whose music he enjoyed because it was a beautiful mixture of metal and rock style with classical music.
- His older brother got him his first guitar and showed him how to play it. This made one of the greatest impacts on Toro’s life.
- Visit his official website @ www.raytoro.com.
- Follow Ray Toro on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Ray Toro / Twitter