Kingwood, Texas, US
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Renee attended the Centre Stage Theatrical School.
- Father – Christopher Eric Olstead
- Mother – Rebecca Lynn Jeffries
- Siblings – None
She is signed with Paradigm Talent Agency.
Renee LLC, 143, Reprise Records
5 ft 2¼ in or 158 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Renee has dated –
- Tommy King (2004–Present) – Renee began dating Tommy King in 2004. Tommy is an American pianist and musician. The couple got engaged in May 2013 and subsequently got married on September 16, 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Norwegian ancestry.
She has naturally “Red” hair.
- Hourglass figure
- Heart-shaped face
37-25-36 in or 94-63.5-91.5 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
Renee has done TV commercials for brands like
- Levi’s 501 Jeans “Drugstore”, (which won the Clio Award)
- Cheerios cereal.
Best Known For
- Playing Lauren Miller in the TV series Still Standing from 2002 to 2006. She won an award for Best Supporting Young Actress at the Young Artists Award for her role in 2002.
- Co-starring in the series The Secret Life of the American Teenager (2008-2013) as Madison Cooperstein, as one of the protagonist’s best friends.
- As an award-winning and successful Jazz singer.
Her first album was Stone Country in 2000 which had a limited release.
However, her self-titled album Renee Olstead was released in 2004 by Warner Bros. Records as her official debut album.
Renee’s first theatrical film appearance was in the action-adventure flick, Cadillac Ranch in 1996 in the role of Young Mary Katherine.
First TV Show
Her first TV show appearance was playing Marci Fant in Streets of Laredo in 1995.
Renee first switched to vegetarianism at the age of 12. About her decision, she says that she was inspired by a co-star who commented that,
“I don’t eat anything with a face”.
She wanted to take her diet to the next level and so 10 years later entered into a vegan lifestyle. So, she became a practicing vegan at the age of 22.
Her diet includes a smoothie during breakfast and protein shakes throughout the day.
She attends dance classes and does Pole Fit. Also, she goes to a studio called Pink Pole Party to get the necessary work out done without feeling too burnt out.
Renee Olstead Favorite Things
- Food – Garlic Green Beans, Vegan Brown Torte from Hugo’s (Los Angeles)
- Cosmetic Brand – Gerard Cosmetics
- Beauty Products – Bobbi Brown’s Skin Foundation Stick, NYX Contour Palette
Renee Olstead Facts
- She was born on Father’s Day.
- She won the International Jazz Talent Award at the age of 19 at The Jakarta International Java Jazz Festival in 2008.
- Renee was nominated for a Grammy Award in the category of Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying A Vocalist for her song “Summertime” from her self-titled album.
- She once performed, along with her music producer David Foster, for Oprah, and impressed her with her songs.
- On July 22, 2005, she performed at Live 8! concert in Berlin. She participated in this benefit concert to raise money for the eradication of world poverty.
- She is a firm supporter of PETA and was featured in an ad “Fish Are Friends Not Food” urging people to give up eating fish.
- She was a child actress who made films and commercials from the time she was 8 years old.
- She considers jazz vocalists Ella Fitzgerald and Sarah Vaughan as her inspiration.
- Music composer David Foster was the one to discover her musical talent and produced her album in 2004.
- Her 2009 album Skylark was announced in 2005 and took 4 years to materialize.
- In 2011, her email accounts and cell phone were hacked, along with other celebrities like Scarlett Johansson, by Christopher Chaney. Her personal and n*de photographs were disseminated as a result of it. During the trial, Renee admitted to attempting suicide due to the hacking.
- Renee joined PETA’s campaign in 2012 to free Elephant Mali, who had been alone for three decades, from the Manila Zoological and Botanical Gardens.
- She was named ‘Sexiest Celeb Vegetarian’ By PETA2, PETA’s official youth program. Also, she has received PETA’s Libby Award.
- She has two rescue dogs.
- She works with several charities and raises funds for many of them. Some of the charities that she supports focus on animal cruelty, eating disorder awareness, mentorship to at-risk kids, etc.
- Connect with her on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Ryan Sanjaya / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0