Richard Allen Jefferson
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jefferson attended Moon Valley High School in West Phoenix. There, he was a member of the varsity team which won the 4A State trophy in 1998. After Richard graduated from Moon Valley, he accepted the scholarship program of the University of Arizona and competed under coach Lute Olson. Jefferson completed all 4 years at the University of Arizona and achieved a bachelor degree in 2001.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Richard Jefferson, Sr.
- Mother – Meekness LeCato
- Siblings – Jefferson has two older brothers
Richard is signed with Todd Eley.
6 ft 7 in or 201 cm
106 kg or 234 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Richard Jefferson dated –
- Teresa Lourenco – In the past, Richard had fling with the German model Teresa Lourenco.
- Jennie Finch (2000) – In 2000, Jefferson had an encounter with his fellow sports star of the University of Arizona, Jennie Finch.
- Kesha Nichols (2006-2009) – Richard began dating an American model Kesha Nichols in 2006. They met when Jefferson was playing for the New Jersey Nets and she used to perform as a New Jersey’s dancer. Kesha and Richard engaged in 2008 but due to unknown reasons, they called off their engagement in July 2009 and parted ways.
Race / Ethnicity
He had black hair.
- Big lips
Richard Jefferson’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 46.5 in or 118 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16.5 in or 42 cm
- Waist – 37 in or 94 cm
Jefferson has been seen in TV commercials for Nike, Time Warner Cable, 2K Sports, Footlocker, etc.
Richard is a Christian.
Best Known For
Being the NBA Champion with the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2016.
First Basketball Match
Jefferson played his first official NBA match on October 30, 2001 when as a player of the New Jersey Nets, he faced the Indiana Pacers.
Richard spent 23 minutes on the court and achieved 12 points along with 3 rebounds and 3 assists. In the end, the Nets won the game with the final score being 103-97.
- Athleticism (Vertical explosion of two feet)
- Transition and fast brakes
- Team player
- Shooting of catch (Shooting the ball at the basket without dribble after getting a pass from his own team player)
- Ball handling
- Shooting of dribble
- Lacking lateral agility
Richard has not acted in a feature film yet.
However, in 2006, he appeared in the short sports film Word, a Skateboard Film.
First TV Show
Other than basketball matches itself, Jefferson was first seen in the TV series Wheel of Fortune in 2005 as himself – Celebrity Contestant.
Richard Jefferson’s workout and diet regimes are not known.
Richard Jefferson Favorite Things
Jefferson’s favorite things are not known.
Richard Jefferson Facts
- He grew up in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Jefferson’s parents were Christian missionaries, and that’s why he changed his living place a lot.
- Richard was part of the Pac-12 Basketball Hall of Honor in 2012.
- Jefferson was selected as the 13th pick in the 2001 NBA Draft by the Houston Rockets.
- Richard played at the 2003 NBA Slam Dunk Contest.
- He was a member of USA’s basketball team that competed at the 2004 Summer Olympics.
- Richard donated 3.5 million dollars for the basketball and volleyball facility at the University of Arizona. Later, the facility was renamed to his name in his honor.
- On June 26, 2008, Jefferson joined Milwaukee Bucks after he was traded for Yi Jianlian and Bobby Simmons.
- On June 23, 2009, Jefferson was sent to San Antonio Spurs in substitute for Kurt Thomas, Fabricio Oberto, and Bruce Bowen.
- He extended his contract with the Spurs on July 23, 2010.
- On March 15, 2012, Richard joined the Golden State Warriors after a trade happened for Stephen Jackson and a first-round pick.
- Richard together with Brandon Rush and Andris Biedrins were sent to Utah Jazz on July 10, 2013.
- He penned a contract with Dallas Mavericks on July 21, 2014.
- On August 5, 2015, he penned a contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- After Jefferson won the title (2016 NBA Finals) with the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2015, he wanted to retire from professional basketball, but briefly after, he decided to continue playing and extended his contract with the Cavaliers for two more years.
- Richard is not on social media.