|Rishad Premji Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||January 9, 1977|
Rishad Premji is an Indian businessperson who succeeded his father Azim Premji, the head of Wipro and became the Chairman of the company in July 2019. Prior to that, he had also served as the Chairman of NASSCOM from 2018 to 2019.
Rishad completed his schooling at Cathedral and John Connon School. Then, he went on to attain his Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from Wesleyan University in 1999.
Later, he pursued his Master of Business Administration at Harvard Business School and graduated from there in 2005.
- Father – Azim Premji (Businessman, Investor, Engineer, Philanthropist, Former Chairman at Wipro Limited)
- Mother – Yasmeen Premji
- Siblings – Tariq (Brother)
- Others – Mohamed Hasham Premji (Grandfather)
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rishad is married to –
- Aditi Premji (2005-Present) – Rishad married his childhood friend Aditi Premji in 2005. The couple is parents to 2 children – a boy named Rohaan Premji and a girl named Rhea Premji.
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering physical appearance
- Snub nose
Rishad Premji Facts
- He is a devoted cricket fan.
- In 2014, the World Economic Forum recognized him as a Young Global Leader for his “outstanding professional accomplishments, leadership, and service to society”.
- According to his LinkedIn profile, he started off in various roles at GE Capital in July 1999 and continued to work there for a little more than 4 years. After that, he joined Bain & Company in September 2005.
- In April 2018, Rishad was appointed as the chairman of NASSCOM and continued to serve in the post until April 2019.
- Rishad joined Wipro Enterprises Limited on their Board of Directors in September 2013. From there, he went on to climb the corporate ladder until finally being announced as the Chairman of the company in July 2019, succeeding his father Azim Premji who is the former chairman of Wipro Limited.
- In his free time, he loves to travel and watch movies.
Featured Image By Rishad Premji / Instagram