|Rodrigo Bentancur Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||June 25, 1997|
|Girlfriend||Mel La Banca|
Since making his professional debut with Boca Juniors, Rodrigo Bentancur has often shown his immense ability. His immense versatility has helped him play various roles in the midfield of Boca Juniors and Juventus. His tremendous stamina helps him contribute to the defense as well as the attack of his teams while his intelligence and smart positioning allow him to anticipate oppositions attacks. His dribbling helps him break from the deep and wreak havoc between the lines and his eye for a pass further enhances the attacking dimension of his team.
Rodrigo Bentancur Colmán
Nueva Helvecia, Uruguay
Rodrigo Bentancur has honed skills and ability in the youth academy of Boca Juniors.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Roberto Bentancur
- Mother – Mary Colman
- Siblings – Unknown
Rodrigo Bentancur is represented by Back Sports S.A.
30 – Club Atlético Boca Juniors, Juventus FC
6 – Uruguay National team
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rodrigo Bentancur has dated –
- Mel La Banca (2017-Present) – Rodrigo started going out with Argentine beauty Mel La Banca in the early months of 2017. He was playing for Boca Juniors at that time. They often flaunt their relationship on social media.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Argentine ancestry.
Rodrigo Bentancur has inked a personal endorsement deal with Adidas. Because of the deal, he is required to wear Adidas shoes for his professional as well as national matches.
Best Known For
Being one of the finest young midfielders in the Italian top flight. His physical presence and good passing range make him a great defensive midfielder. However, his ability to break from the deep and his vision, coupled with match intelligence, helps him add another dimension to his team’s attacking play.
First Soccer Match
In April 2015, Rodrigo Bentancur made his professional debut with Boca Juniors in a league match against Nueva Chicago. He was sent in the 77th minute in the goalless draw.
In August 2017, he made his first appearance for Juventus FC in a Serie A match against Genoa. The match ended in a 4-2 win for his side.
In October 2017, he made his first international appearance for Uruguay in a 2018 World Cup qualifier match against Venezuela. He was sent in as a substitute in the 2nd half.
- Technical ability
- Aerial threat
- Fouls too often
Rodrigo Bentancur Facts
- When Boca Juniors signed Carlos Tevez from Juventus in July 2015, they gave the Italian club first option on Guido Vadalá, Franco Cristaldo, Adrián Cubas, and Bentancur for any transfer move till April 2017.
- In April 2017, the Juventus management sealed Bantancur’s transfer to the Turin based club. They stumped up €9.5 million transfer fee to secure him. The Italian club also agreed to share 50% of any transfer fee that they may receive for Bentancur in any future transfer.
- Immediately, after completion of the transfer, Juventus allowed him to return to Boca on a loan deal to complete the 2016-17 season.
- In October 2018, it was reported that Juventus had started the procedure to purchase the transfer clause which entitled Boca Juniors half of his future transfer fee.
- In his debut season with Juventus, he managed to win the Serie A title and Coppa Italia cup. He had made 27 appearances in the season for the club.
- In his last season with the club, he managed to win Argentine Primera Division with the club. This was their 2nd title win in consecutive years.
- He scored his first goal for Juventus in October 2018 in a Serie A match against Udinese. They managed to win the match by 2-0 with Cristiano Ronaldo scoring the other goal.
- He was the key member of the Uruguayan squad that went on to win the 2017 South American U-20 Championship.
- He was included by Oscar Tabarez in the main squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia. He was even a part of the starting line-up in the opening match of the tournament against Egypt.
- In June 2018, he recorded an assist for Edinson Cavani‘s goal against Portugal in the Round of 16. However, his team was eliminated in the quarter-final by France.
- Follow Rodrigo Bentancur on Instagram.
Featured Image by Ailura / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0 AT