Edinson Roberto Cavani Gomez
Cavani, El Matador, Edi
Edinson’s educational background is not known.
- Father – Luis Cavani
- Mother – Berta Gomez
- Siblings – Walter Guglielmone (Older Brother) (Professional Footballer), Christian Cavani (Younger Brother) (Professional Footballer)
Cavani is signed to Mondial Sport.
6 ft 0½ in or 184 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Edinson Cavani dated –
- Maria Soledad Cabris Yarrús (2007-2014) – In 2007, Cavani married Maria Soledad Cabris Yarrús. The couple have 2 children, sons Bautista (b. March 22, 2011) and Lucas (b. March 8, 2013). According to Cavani, the couple parted ways in 2013 but decided to make it official by filing the divorce papers in 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
- Long hair
- Oblong face shape
- Good looking body
Cavani’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 41 in or 104 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 31½ in or 80 cm
Cavani hasn’t signed any endorsement contract yet.
Best Known For
His scoring skills and the ability to finish in a variety of ways. Cavani is also recognized as one of the hardest working players who have played the game of football.
First Football Match
The El Matador played his first official game on March 11, 2007 when his team Palermo faced Fiorentina in a home league match. That game, Cavani scored an equalizing goal for his team after trailing by 0-1.
Edinson debuted for his national team on February 6, 2008 with a match between Uruguay and Colombia.
- Long shots
- Head shots
- Great in counter attacks
- Strong, quick and agile
The player has no significant weaknesses to be written.
Edinson hasn’t appeared in a feature film yet.
First TV Show
He hasn’t been into any of the television shows apart from football matches.
It is known that the Uruguayan striker is among the hardest working footballers of this era and no wonder, why he is a terrific athlete without a single weakness in his game. Cavani’s tireless work ethic made him one of the few complete players of his generation and maybe, the best Uruguayan footballer in the last decade or even more.
Edinson spends time working out on his body, especially his core and leg power which is the biggest reason why he is so efficient on the pitch.
He is also an avid fan of sprinting. It is known that during the off-season, every morning he does high-intensity conditioning for 2 hours.
As for his nutrition, the popular Matador is eating food rich in carbohydrates, protein, and needed minerals. When it comes to junk food, Cavani excluded this type of food long time ago when he started playing for Danubio.
Edinson Cavani Favorite Things
Edinson Cavani Facts
- Because of his skill and playing style, Cavani has been outlined as a modern striker.
- His childhood idol was the famous Argentine footballer Gabriel Batistuta.
- He shifted to the Italian club Palermo in 2007.
- At the 2007 South American Youth Championship, Cavani was the top scorer with seven goals in nine games.
- In 2010, he signed a deal with Napoli.
- In the 2011-2012 season, he won the Coppa Italia trophy while playing for Napoli.
- During the 2012-2013 Serie A season, Cavani scored 29 goals for Napoli which brought him the Top Scorer award.
- On July 16, 2013, Edinson moved to the French club Paris Saint-Germain for a total of € 64.5 million, which at the time was the most expensive signing in the French football history.
- He spent 2 years playing for the senior team of Danubio.
- Visit Cavani’s official website @ edicavaniofficial.com.
- Follow Edinson on his Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.