|Rome Fortune Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 13, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rome Fortune is an American rapper, best known for his debut studio album titled Jerome Raheem Fortune (2016), which was released under Fool’s Gold Records after he was signed to the label in 2015. Rome also released 6 EPs between 2011 and 2018 – The Air Mattress (2011), V O Y E U R (2012) with Childish Major, Beautiful Pimp II (2014), Drive, Thighs, & Lies (2014) with Dun Deal, YEP (2015) with OG Maco, and Beautiful Pimp 3 (2018). He also released 4 less prominent mixtapes – lolo (2012) with CeeJ, Beautiful Pimp (2013), Small VVorld (2014), and loloU (2015) once again with CeeJ, as well as his 5th mixtape, titled VVORLDVVIDE PIMPSATION in 2016.
Rome is also known for his collaborations with other artists, such as songs Men of Glass with singer-songwriter Sevdaliza in 2015, Buried with What So Not in 2016, Leave It with ƱZ in 2018, and 5-song EP album Toro y Rome Vol. 1, released on July 4, 2018. Most of his early projects went unappreciated, and the only label he was signed to was Makeshift, under which he released his EP The Air Mattress in 2011. His mixtape Beautiful Pimp was on the list of “Overlooked Mixtapes of 2013” by Pitchfork, and it wasn’t until 2015 and early 2016 that he became known by the wider audience. Rome has amassed a fanbase consisting of more than 50k followers on SoundCloud and more than 200k monthly listeners on his Spotify account.
Jer, Rome, Barba Blu
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Others – Richard Adderley (Grandfather) (Jazz Musician)
Rome Fortune is represented by –
- Quality Goods Management (Manager) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Stride Management (Manager) in London, England, United Kingdom
- Canvas Promo (Publicist) in Los Angeles, California, United States, and London, England, United Kingdom
Hip Hop, Rap, Jazz, R&B
- Makeshift (2011)
- Fool’s Gold Records (2015)
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Dreads haircut
- Long, often colored facial hair
Rome Fortune has endorsed a limited collection of clothing merchandise entitled Pace in 2019.
Best Known For
- His studio album Jerome Raheem Fortune (2016) under Fool’s Gold Records, and 6 EP albums The Air Mattress (2011), V O Y E U R (with Childish Major) (2012), Beautiful Pimp II (2014), Drive, Thighs, & Lies (with Dun Deal) (2014), and YEP (with OG Maco) (2015), and Beautiful Pimp 3 (2018)
- Releasing 5 hip hop mixtapes between 2012 and 2016 – lolo (with CeeJ) (2012), Beautiful Pimp (2013), Small VVorld (2014), loloU (with CeeJ) (2015), and VVORLDVVIDE PIMPSATION (2016)
Rome Fortune released his debut studio album titled Jerome Raheem Fortune on February 26, 2016, under Fool’s Gold Records label. It consisted of 11 tracks – All The Way, Blicka Blicka, Dance, Heavy As Feathers, Love, What Can You Do, Still I Fight On, Alone Tonight, Paid Back Loans, and Find My Way.
Rome Fortune Favorite Things
- Activities – Traveling, Modeling
- Animal – Dog
- Personal Quote – “Winning is impact, not just numbers.”
Rome Fortune Facts
- He comes from a musical family. His grandfather, Richard Adderley, was a jazz musician and was Rome’s biggest influence on his music and life in general.
- His grandfather played vibraphone, and co-produced his EP Beautiful Pimp II in 2014, and appeared in a music video for his track OneDay in February 2015.
- Through his grandfather, Rome is related to 2 well-known musicians who were also brothers, jazz alto saxophonist Julian Edwin “Cannonball” Adderley, and Nat Adderley, a jazz trumpeter.
- Due to his family’s musical background, Rome draws significant inspiration from jazz, and considers it “pretty much parallel to hip-hop.”
- Rome toured with the British indie rock group Glass Animals in summer of 2014 and went on a North American tour entitled Eyes on Me in March 2015.
- Rome has had problems with the authorities in the past, but the matter went without publicity. He turned himself into police custody after a brief announcement in January 2015.
- He was taken to Cobb County Jail in Marietta, Georgia on January 16, 2015. Fortunately, less than a month later, on February 6, 2015, Rome announced he would be released.
- Rome cites his musical influences to be the 1990s and 2000s rappers, especially DMX.
- Rome proudly said that it was DMX’s album Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood, released on December 22, 1998, that changed his life.
- His musical style changed slightly from EP to EP, and mixtape to mixtape. He has incorporated regular hip hop, blended ratchet, and trap music elements on Beautiful Pimp (2013), and has used electronic music for his EP Small VVorld (2014).
- In 2018, on his EP Beautiful Pimp 3, he collaborated with rap artists and singers such as Toro Y Moi, Telli, Cig Droopy, Lamont, 03 Greedo, and Young Thug.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, Spotify, iTunes, Pitchfork, and Discogs.
Featured Image by Rome Fortune / Instagram