|Ronald Acuña Jr. Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 18, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ronald Acuña Jr. is a Venezuelan professional baseball player who began representing the Atlanta Braves in April 2018, in Major League Baseball (MLB). He was the youngest player in the league at that time and had also won the ‘National League Rookie of the Year’ award. In April 2019, he had signed an 8-year contract extension with the team that was worth USD 100 million, and that made him the youngest player in baseball history to sign a contract worth at least USD 100 million. This was also the largest deal signed by any player in history with less than a year of major league service. His performances were even more stellar in 2019 as he was selected for the MLB‘s annual ‘All-Star Game’, named to the ‘All-MLB Second Team’, and was the National League‘s ‘stolen base’ leader. He also won the Silver Slugger Award (outfield) in 2019, an annual award to honor the best offensive player at each position in both the American League (AL) and the National League (NL). That year, he had also made it to the ’30-30 club’ which includes batters who have collected 30 home runs and 30 stolen bases in a single season. He was the 2nd-youngest player ever to achieve the rare feat.
Ronald José Acuña Blanco Jr.
El Abusador, El De La Sabana
La Guaira, Vargas, Venezuela
Professional Baseball Player
- Father – Ronald Acuña, Sr. (Former Minor League Baseball Player)
- Mother – Leonelis Blanco
- Siblings – Luisangel Acuña (Younger Brother) (Baseball Player), Bryan Acuña (Younger Brother) (Baseball Player). He has 1 other younger brother.
- Others – Romualdo Blanco (Maternal Grandfather) (Former Minor League Baseball Player), José Escobar (Uncle) (Former Professional Baseball Player), Vicente Campos (Cousin) (Professional Baseball Player), Alcides Escobar (Cousin) (Professional Baseball Player), Edwin Escobar (Cousin) (Professional Baseball Player), Kelvim Escobar (Cousin) (Professional Baseball Player)
Outfielder (Left Fielder)
13 – Atlanta Braves
6 ft or 183 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ronald has dated –
- Eva Luccia (2019)
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and Hispanic)
He is of African and Venezuelan descent.
- Toned physique
- Dreadlocked hair
- Has tattoos on both his arms
- Sports a thin mustache
- Affable smile
- Has a mole on his neck
Ronald Acuña Jr. Facts
- Ronald was signed as an international free agent in July 2014 by the Atlanta Braves and played in several minor league tournaments over the next 4 years. At the end of the 2017 minor league season, he was invited to play in the Arizona Fall League, the MLB‘s premier elite prospect finishing school. Representing the Peoria Javelinas, he scored 7 home runs in 23 games, won the league, and was named the league MVP. He was the then youngest player to be named the tournament’s MVP.
- Though he has used the number 13 for the Atlanta Braves in the MLB, he had used the number 24 throughout his minor league career to honor Venezuelan baseball legend Miguel Cabrera who wore that number for the majority of his career, representing the Detroit Tigers.
- In August 2018, he had become just the 4th player in the history of MLB to hit a home run to lead off both games of a doubleheader. Later that month, he became the youngest player ever in the MLB to hit home runs in 5 games in a row.
- In September 2018, he had become the 7th player in the history of MLB to hit 25 or more home runs while under the age of 21. The next month, he became the youngest player in MLB history to hit a postseason grand slam (a home run hit with all 3 bases occupied by baserunners, thus resulting in 4 runs being scored).
- In September 2019, he had become the youngest major leaguer ever to enter the ’40–30 club; which includes batters who have collected 40 home runs and 30 stolen bases in a single season.
Featured Image by Ronald Acuña Jr. / Instagram