|Rozes Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||April 14, 1993|
Rozes is an American singer who is also known for collaborating with bands such as The Chainsmokers, Big Gigantic, and Logic. Elizabeth has released several hit singles including All of Me (2016), Matches (2017), and Canyons (2017). Her ability to be able to play several instruments such as the piano, saxophone, flute, violin, and trumpet is due to the music that runs through her veins.
Montgomeryville, Pennsylvania, United States
She divides her time between Philadelphia, Nashville, Los Angeles, and New York City.
Rozes studied at the North Penn High School.
After that, she attended Montgomery County Community College, where she attained a major in general studies before getting a transfer to Temple University in Philadelphia. However, after studying there for a little more than a year, she dropped out and set out to make a career in music.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician
- Father – James Joseph Mencel
- Mother – Elizabeth Mencel
- Siblings – Patrick Mencel (Older Brother) (Musician), Paul Mencel (Older Brother) (Musician, Manager)
Rozes is represented by –
- Paul Mencel, General Manager, LookUp Entertainment
- Stacie Stater, SAS Entertainment
Pop, Dance, Electronic Dance Music
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Clarinet, Saxophone, Violin, Flute, Trumpet
She has released her music through several record labels including Atlantic Records.
In 2017, she signed up with the record label Photo Finish Records.
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rozes prefers to keep her dating life a secret.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Scottish and English ancestry.
She has a rose tattooed on her left forearm.
Rozes has done endorsement work for several brands such as –
- Smart Water
- Urban Outfitters
She grew up in a family that went to church regularly.
Best Known For
- Collaborating with some of the most anticipated groups in the music industry such as The Chainsmokers, Swedish DJs Galantis, Big Gigantic, and Dutch DJ Nicky Romero
- Being featured in several magazines such as Entertainment Weekly, Nylon, and Marie Claire
- Lending her powerful vocals to the release of several songs such as Matches (2017), Roses (2015), and All of Me (2016)
As a Singer
She released her debut solo EP titled Burn Wild on February 14, 2016. It consisted of a total of 7 songs such as In & Out, Fragile, Forever, and Desirable.
She has also collaborated with several music artists and released many hits like Matches (2017) with Cash Cash, Roses (2015) with The Chainsmokers, and All of Me (2016) with Big Gigantic and Rapper Logic.
First TV Show
Rozes made her debut TV show appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon in February 2016.
Rozes Favorite Things
- Artist From Philadelphia – Questlove
- Band – Fleetwood Mac
- Record – Rumours (1977)
Source – MusicInMinnesota.com, PopDust.com
- She was 6 years old when she started to play the piano.
- Her father was a music minister of their church and her mother knows how to play at least 3 instruments.
- Rozes is a multi-instrumentalist who also learned to play the clarinet, guitar, and flute. She is also trained in playing the piano, saxophone, and violin.
- Rozes was in high school when she decided to pursue a career in music.
- In October 2014, she adopted the stage name Rozes.
- While studying at Montgomery County Community College, she played for the college soccer team Mustangs.
- Her older brothers Paul and Patrick are the founding members of the band Bel Heir.
- Growing up, she used to listen to music by artists such as Nat King Cole along with her brothers Paul and Patrick Mencel.
- Her stage name Rozes was inspired by her grandmother’s name Rose.
- She enjoys listening to songs from several artists including Catfish And The Bottlemen, Kings of Leon, and Sia.
- The ingenuity with The Chainsmokers started after they fell for her voice when they heard her sing the song Limelight (2014) by Australian DJ Just A Gent.
- In June 2015, the song Roses was placed at #6 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Rozes supports mental health awareness, LGBTQ community, equality for women, and anti-bullying.
- In the past, she had been s*xually harassed on more than one occasion.
- Her music is inspired by singers such as Adele, Sia, Norah Jones, Banks, and Lana Del Rey.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Rozes / Instagram