|Sam Fender Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 25, 1996|
Sam Fender is an English singer, songwriter, and TV star who is a well-distinguished music artist. He has released several hit tracks including Play God (2017) and That Sound (2018). He is also noted for being nominated for BBC’s Sound of 2018 amongst several other rising artists such as Norwegian singer Sigrid Solbakk Raabe, Scottish singer Lewis Capaldi, and American singer-songwriter Khalid. Sam has won several awards such as the Brit Awards Critics’ Choice as well as the Radio X Best Songs of 2018. As an actor, he has made appearances in many TV shows such as Vera (2011) and Wolfblood (2012). Sam has amassed a huge fan base with more than 100k followers on Instagram.
North Shields, England, United Kingdom
Newcastle, Tyne and Wear, England, United Kingdom
Sam studied at the John Spence Community High School in North Shields, England. He also attended the Whitley Bay High School Sixth Form College.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor
- Father – Alan Fender (Singer, Songwriter)
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Liam Fender (Brother) (Singer, Songwriter, Musician)
Sam is represented by –
- Owain Davies of OD Management
- Paul Wilson of Creative Artists Agency (Booking Agent)
- Jon Lawrence of Chalk Press Agency (Public Relations)
Rock, Alternative Rock
Vocals, Guitar, Drums
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sam has dated –
- Sam was 15 years old when he fell in love for the very first time with a girl from his friend circle. The duo dated for about 6 months, during which they got into a lot of trouble. However, his relationship ended after his then-girlfriend dumped him for one of his best mates.
Race / Ethnicity
Light Brown (Natural)
Triangular Face Shape
Sam has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Releasing several hit songs such as Play God (2017), That Sound (2018), and Dead Boys (2018)
- Being nominated for BBC’s Sound of 2018 alongside artists such American singer-songwriter Khalid and Scottish singer Lewis Capaldi
- Winning several awards such as the Brit Awards Critics’ Choice of 2019 and Radio X Awards Best Songs of 2018
- Appearing in several TV shows such as Vera (2011) and Wolfblood (2012)
As a Singer
Sam released his debut single Play God on March 31, 2017. It ranked #95 on the UK Singles Chart and #51 on the Scottish Singles Chart. After that, he released several other tracks such as Millenial (2017), Start Again (2017), Friday Fighting (2018), and Leave Fast (2018).
He released his debut EP titled Dead Boys on November 20, 2018. It consisted of 6 tracks in total such as Spice, Dead Boys, and That Sound which earned him the Radio X Best Songs of 2018 award.
First TV Show
Sam made his debut TV show appearance as Luke Armstrong in Vera in 2011.
Sam Fender Favorite Things
- Songwriter – Bruce Springsteen
Source – NME
Sam Fender Facts
- He was born and raised in North Sheilds, England by a musically inclined family.
- His father Alan would play in club and wedding bands whereas his brother Liam also sings and writes songs and is quite the master at playing the drums and piano.
- Sam grew up listening to songs by Aretha Franklin, Joni Mitchell, and David Bowie.
- The first instruments that he picked up to play was a recorder. At that time, he was in primary school.
- He picked up the guitar when he was merely 8 years old and by the time he was 13, he had developed a profound passion for playing the instrument.
- Sam started performing live at the age of 13. At that time, he performed his gigs during his brother’s buskers nights. A few of the songs that he would play were of legendary singer-songwriter Jimi Hendrix. By the time he was 18, he was charging £150 for every gig that he did in restaurants.
- The first time he got drunk was during a party at his father’s friends place. He sneakily picked up a mix of alcoholic drinks and had a gala time in his friend’s place until he couldn’t stomach any more liquor and passed out. After that, Sam made quite the mess in the room.
- He studied alongside guitarist and keyboardist Joe Atkinson, singer and songwriter L Devine and producer Jordan Riley at Whitley Bay High School Sixth Form College.
- Sam’s always enjoyed dressing up smartly, especially when it comes to wearing suits.
- His debut song Play God (2017), is part of the widely known game FIFA 19 soundtrack list.
- Sam’s track Dead Boys was penned down by him with the thought of his friends who had committed suicide.
- His band members are drummer Drew Michael, lead guitarist Dean Thompson, bassist Tom Ungerer, and guitarist and keyboardist Joe Atkinson.
- During his ’20s, he had stopped fearing pain and had become quite the angry young man.
- Sam prefers to use an electric toothbrush rather than a regular one.
- In June 2018, Sam signed his first major record deal with Polydor Records.
- Sam once stated that he had refused the offer to appear in Ariana Grande‘s break up with your girlfriend, i’m bored (2019) music video.
- Visit his official website @ samfender.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Sam Fender / Instagram