|Samantha Fish Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||January 30, 1989|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Samantha Fish is an American blues singer and guitarist. Samantha started out playing drums as a youngster but switched to guitar as a 15-year-old. She used to regularly visit the Knuckleheads Saloon to attend concerts of touring Blues artists. Once she turned 18, she often used to join singers/bands who were performing at the Saloon. In 2009, she recorded and produced her first album titled Live Bait, with her group The Samantha Fish Blues Band. The album brought her to the attention of talent managers, and she was recommended to Ruf Records. Ruf Records arranged an album with Samantha, Cassie Taylor, and Dani Wilde. Cassie and Dani are also blues artists, and the album was titled Girls with Guitars (2011). The trio toured with the Ruf Records’ Blues Caravan in the U.S. and Europe in 2011.
She continued touring with The Samantha Fish Band, playing in Europe and the United States. In 2011, Fish recorded another album called Runaway, mentored by Mike Zito. It won her the 2012 Blues Music Award for “Best New Artist”. She appeared on Devon Allman’s 2013 album Turquoise, in a duet. In 2013, her 2nd major studio album titled Black Wind Howlin‘ was released. It hit the Billboard Heatseekers chart and made it to the Top Ten of the blues albums chart. In 2013, she also appeared on The Healers Live at Knuckleheads Saloon, with Jimmy Hall, Reese Wynans, Kate Moss, and Danielle and Kris Schnebelen. She has also released various other albums such as Wild Heart (2015) and Chills & Fever (2017).
Samantha Diahnn Fish
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Samantha graduated from Shawnee Mission North High School, Kansas.
Singer, Songwriter, Guitarist
- Father – Bill Fish
- Siblings – Amanda Fish (Older Sister) (Singer, Songwriter)
Samantha Fish is represented by –
- Rueben Williams, General Manager, Thunderbird Management
- Jerry Lima and Alex Buck, Booking Agents, Paradigm Agency
- Pete Sangha, Booking Agent (Europe), The Main Thing
Blues, Roots Rock
- Ruf Records
- Rounder Records
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Previously, there were rumors that Samantha was secretly married, but she maintained in an interview that she remains single.
Race / Ethnicity
- Strong, Sultry voice
Best Known For
Releasing popular albums like Runaway, Black Wind Howlin’, Wild Heart, and Belle of the West
As a member of The Samantha Fish Blues Band, she released her first album titled Live Bait in 2009.
As a solo artist, she released her first album titled Runaway in 2011.
Samantha Fish Favorite Things
- Songs – American Girl by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Same Old Blues by
Freddie King, War Pigs by Black Sabbath, Goin’ Down South by R.L. Burnside, Shake ’em on Down by Mississippi Fred McDowell
- Albums – Sticky Fingers by The Rolling Stones, I Am Shelby Lynne by Shelby Lynne
- Musicians/Guitarists – Mike Campbell, Angus Young, Albert King, and Robert Johnson
Source – AXS, Guitar Player
Samantha Fish Facts
- The Knuckleheads Saloon played a vital role in Samantha’s formative years. She started attending musical shows there but had to be accompanied by her father as she was just 17 then, and minors were not allowed.
- She grew up in a musical family where she was influenced by a variety of genres, including classic rock. Her mother used to sing in a church choir and her father used to play the guitar and jam with his friends at their family house.
- She used to work at a pizza shop and would deliver pizzas at the Knuckleheads Saloon. That was her way of bartering into a lot of the shows that played there.
- She won “Best Independent Female Blues Artist”, “Best Independent Blues Contemporary CD” (for Wild Heart), and “Best Modern Roots Song” (for Go Home, Wild Heart) awards at the 2016 Independent Blues Awards.
- She won the “Best Independent Female Blues Artist” award at the 2017 Independent Blues Awards.
- Samantha was awarded “Best Blues Album” award for Belle of the West at 2017 Best of the Beat Awards.
- She won “Best Female Vocalist”, “Best Blues Performer”, “Best Guitarist”, and “Artist of the Year” awards at 2018 Best of the Beat Awards.
- If she were not a musician, she would have worked in the field of psychology or social work.
- In 2015, she appeared as “Herself” in a documentary called America’s Blues, that focused not only on the musical impact of Blues, but also its influence on American art, fashion, language, film, and racial equality.
- Visit her official website @ samanthafish.com.
- Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Samantha Fish / Instagram
Sam I like your voice and your playing. I love everything about you,wow I think I in love
Shame we don’t get to see Samantha & band in New Zealand on her current tour down under in 2023.