Samantha Karen Fox
Sam Fox, Sam
Mile End, London, England
Samantha Fox went to the St Thomas Moore Catholic School, Wood Green. To polish her acting and stage performance skills, she started taking classes at the Anna Scher Theatre School at the age of 15.
Singer, Songwriter, Former glamour model, Actress, TV personality, Record producer
- Father – John Patrick Fox (Former carpenter and served as Samantha’s manager until 1991)
- Mother – Carole Ann Wilken (Actress)
- Siblings – Vanessa Fox (Younger Sister) (Actress), Frederica Fox (Paternal Half-Sibling), Frankie Fox (Paternal Half-Sibling)
- Others – Daniel F. Wilkin (Maternal Grandfather), Edith M. Strevens (Maternal Grandmother)
Samantha Fox can be reached through Fox Records, Ltd.
Dance-pop, Pop, Hi-NRG, Eurobeat, Pop rock, House
- Jive Records
- Sony Music
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Samantha Fox has dated –
- Steve McFadden – According to reports, Samantha had a short-lived affair with English actor Steve McFadden in the past.
- Debee Ashby – As per her interview in 1983, Debee Ashby had an affair with Samantha while she was living at Samantha’s house. She alleged that Samantha had become extremely possessive about her and won’t even allow her to speak to other men.
- Kit Miller – Samantha had a short-lived affair with journalist Kit Miller in the mid-80s. They were regularly pictured together at London hotspots and they even got together for a photoshoot.
- Peter Foster – In the late 80s, Samantha Fox dated Australian entrepreneur and career criminal, Peter Foster. She was so smitten by him that she considered getting married at one point. Other reports claimed that he had proposed to her. It was also revealed that Foster had cheated on her with another woman. And, to make matters worse for her, he went on to sell the story of their s*x life to the tabloids.
- Paul Stanley (1989) – Samantha was rumored to be going out with rhythm guitarist and singer Paul Stanley in 1989.
- Cris Bonacci – Samantha reportedly had a four and half years long relationship with Australian songwriter and musician, Cris Bonacci. As they dated before Samantha went public about her bisexual orientation, they had to keep their relationship completely secret. The details of their relationship made it to tabloids in 2003 after Samantha had dismissed their relationship as a sexual fling and heartbroken and angry Cris decided to reveal her end of the story.
- Rafa Camino – Samantha Fox started going out with Ecuadorian bullfighter Rafa Camino at the start of the 90s. They were regularly spotted together in Marbella. But their relationship didn’t last beyond 6 years. The reasons behind their breakup were never divulged but it was speculated that they were a world apart to have survived longer.
- Frank McAvennie – According to the reports, Samantha had a fling with Scottish soccer star Frank McAvennie, who is best known for his stint with London based soccer club, West Ham, in the early 90s.
- Myra Stratton (2003-2015) – Samantha started dating her manager Myra Stratton in 2003. She had hired Myra back in 1999. She even issued a statement in 2003 to acknowledge their relationship. Their relationship came to a cruel end in 2015 as Myra passed away after a two-year long battle with cancer. Samantha made news of her death public in August in an online statement.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English and Irish ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘Blonde’.
- Short height
- Small mouth
- Prolonged chin
Samantha Fox has appeared in TV advertisement for the following brands –
- Swithland Motors
- The Sun Newspaper
- UKG2 cable TV channel
- Our Price
- The Albert Kennedy Trust “AKT now”
- She was also featured in print adverts for mail-order lingerie and fantasy wear sold by Mayfair magazine.
Her father was a Catholic, while her mother was a Protestant. So, she received a fairly religious upbringing.
In 1994, it was reported that she had become a born-again Christian.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most popular and successful British pin-up girls in the 80s. She was also one of the most photographed British women in that same period.
- The popularity of her debut single, Touch Me (I Want Your Body), which managed to reach the top of the music charts in 17 countries.
- Having appeared in a host of reality TV shows such as I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! and Celebrity Big Brother.
In 1986, she released her debut studio album, Touch Me, which was certified as silver in the UK. The album was reissued in a deluxe edition in July 2012.
In 1987, she made her theatrical film debut in a supporting role in the action comedy movie, Three Kinds of Heat.
First TV Show
In February 1985, Samantha Fox made her first TV show appearance in the talk show series, Wogan.
Samantha Fox works out regularly to keep herself fit. Her preferred workout routine is boxing style workouts that involve sparring as well as heavy cardio work. Also, performing live on the stage serves as a fun cardio activity.
Samantha Fox Favorite Things
- Soccer Club – Arsenal FC
Source – IMDb
Samantha Fox Facts
- When she was 16 years old, her mother got her in the Sunday People’s Face and Shape competition in 1983. She managed to finish in the 2nd position in the competition.
- During the photo shoot conducted by competition’s finalists, the photographer encouraged her to pose for a few topless pictures, which he promised won’t be published and would only be shown to the editors.
- Nevertheless, her topless pictures were published on the front page of Sunday People. Her school headmaster wasn’t impressed but it got her a 3-year contract with Sun’s Page 3.
- Due to a hip problem, she was forced to wear calipers and a platform boot in the primary school, which made her a convenient target for the bullies.
- In October 2015, it was reported that she was kicked off the flight while traveling to Lithuania for a gig. Apparently, she had got too drunk and had indulged in an unruly behavior.
- In December 2017, she revealed that David Cassidy had groped and sexually assaulted her in 1985. She had to knee him in the crotch to get away. She was merely 19 years old at that time.
- Such was her fame in her early modeling days that she had to hire a bouncer at the age of 18 to take care of her stalkers.
- One of her stalkers tried to kill himself outside her house. He was a French national and in his letters, he had claimed that Samantha was his wife and had threatened that he would kill himself if she didn’t come out.
- In 1991, he sacked her father from the post of her manager. He was a controlling man who was spending more time doing cocaine and drinking than looking after her career. She decided to take decisive action after he left her bleeding and with a black eye.
- When she took control of her finances, she discovered that her father had embezzled all of her earnings and hadn’t paid any tax. She eventually sued him for 1 million pounds and used the settlement money to pay her tax bills.
- In 2008, she decided to give her favorite bra for a charity auction.
- When she signed a modeling contract with Page 3, she was the first 16 years old girl to model for them.
- At the height of her fame as a glamour model in 1983, she had got her breasts insured for the amount of $500,000.
- In 1983, she formed her first music band, SFX. They recorded a couple of singles such as 17 & Holding and My Old Man but their singles failed to break into music charts.
- In 1993, her bulletproof car was caught in a firing from snipers and machine guns in war-torn Bosnia where she was supposed to perform for British troops. During 10 minutes of uninterrupted firing, she felt that her time was up.
- In 1995, she formed a music band called Sox and they recorded the single, Go for the Heart, for A Song for Europe competition, which decided UK’s entry for the Eurovision Song Contest 1995.
- The VH1 placed her in the 81st position in the list featuring 100 Sexiest Artists.
- She was once held as a hostage by her show promoters in Bolivia after she had arrived a day late for her show. Her father had to fly in to pay $100,000 ransom after which she was freed.
- Visit her official website @ samfox.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, and Myspace.
Featured Image by Elena Fontana / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0