|Samantha Harris Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||November 27, 1973|
Samantha Harris is an American TV host, author, reporter, public speaker, model, actress, and certified fitness trainer, best known as the co-host of the TV show, Dancing with the Stars (2006-2009). She took over the role from Lisa Canning in the 2nd season and was replaced by Brooke Burke for the 10th season in 2010. Samantha spent the next 2 years as an on-air correspondent for the talk-show Entertainment Tonight. As an actress, she had notable roles in movies such as George of the Jungle (1997), Drop Dead Gorgeous (1999), Beautiful (2000), Idol (2006), and Baywatch (2017).
Samantha Harris Shapiro
Hopkins, Hennepin, Minnesota, United States
Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States
Samantha graduated from Northwestern University‘s Medill School of Journalism in Evanston, Illinois, United States.
TV Host, Reporter, Author, Public Speaker, Model, Actress, Certified Fitness Trainer
- Father – Richard Shapiro (Rock ‘n’ Roll Promoter, King Richard’s Faire renaissance festival co-founder) (Passed away from cancer in August 2015)
- Mother – Bonnie (née Harris) Shapiro (King Richard’s Faire renaissance festival co-founder)
- Others – Byron Maurice Shapiro (Paternal Grandfather), Marjorie Jane Chapman (Paternal Grandmother), Samuel Leonard Shapiro (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Rose Karon (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Wallace Lyle Harris (Maternal Grandfather), Jacqueline Gershovitz (Maternal Grandmother), Samuel Harry Harris (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Sadabelle Ruth Milston (Maternal Great-Grandmother)
Samantha Harris is represented by –
- Ken Lindner & Associates (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- William Morris Endeavor (WME) Entertainment (Talent Agent Commercial) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Brilliant Talent Management (Manager) in Calabasas, California, United States
- Platform Public Relations (Publicist) in Los Angeles, California, United States, and Paddington, New South Wales, Australia
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Samantha Harris has dated –
- Michael Hess (2005-Present) – She married her husband in 2005 and gave birth to their 1st child, a daughter named Josselyn Sydney Hess on September 23, 2007. On January 19, 2011, she gave birth to her 2nd daughter named Hillary Madison Hess, who besides being a TV personality like her sister, also had minor movie roles.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
Samantha Harris has endorsed brands such as –
- Honda Civic (1999)
- AT&T Wireless (2003)
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula (2007)
- Fitness & Wellness Retreats
- Monarch Beach Resort
- The Detox Market
- Credo Beauty
- Garden of Life
- Lilli Pads
She has also supported charity events or organizations such as –
- Feeding America
- Revlon Run/Walk
- What A Pair
- American Cancer Society
- Race for the Cure Los Angeles 2017
- Susan G. Komen 2018 Parade of Promise
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Komen Breast Cancer Helpline
Samantha Harris Facts
- One of the things that made her fall in love with her husband was when she saw how kindly and tenderly he treated his dog of Vizsla breed.
- She is a religious practitioner of yoga and kickboxing but also enjoys archery as a hobby that burns extra calories.
- Samantha released her book titled Your Healthiest Healthy in 2018.
- She has been on the cover of magazines such as Muscle & Fitness HERS, HERS magazine, Pregnancy & Newborn, Women’s Running, Pilates Style, Fit Parent, First, USA Today, SHAPE, and FHM.
- She and her family have a Goldendoodle dog named Emmitt. They organized a doggie wedding in mid-October 2019 and “married” him to a Golden Retriever named Emi.
- Her best advice for getting work done is to design a special nook in your home. Samantha has a quiet nook in hers with a lot of natural light and big drapes. She wrote the entirety of her 2018 book there.
- In April 2014, Samantha was diagnosed with breast cancer. She underwent double mastectomy (the removal of both breasts) and was in remission as of October 2014.
- All of the Dancing with the Stars hosts except Lisa Canning also fought cancer. Brooke Burke fought thyroid cancer in 2012, while Erin Andrews publicly announced her cervical cancer diagnosis in June 2016.
Featured Image by Samantha Harris / Instagram