|Sara Canning Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 14, 1987|
Sara Canning is a Canadian actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Jenna Sommers in The Vampire Diaries, Jacquelyn Scieszka in A Series of Unfortunate Events, Dr. Melissa Conner in Remedy, Dylan Weir in Primeval: New World, and Maggie McGregor in Black Field. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as The Right Kind of Wrong, War for the Planet of the Apes, An Awkward Balance, Level 16, Smallville, Halloween Wars, Supernatural, Garage Sale Mystery, On the Farm, Hell on Wheels, Once Upon a Time, Nancy Drew, Van Helsing, 9-1-1, and many more. For her acting skills, Sara has been honored with numerous awards such as the Leo Award and UBCP/ACTRA Award.
Gander, Newfoundland, Canada
Sara attended F.R. Haythorne Junior High. Subsequently, she went to Bev Facey Community High School in Sherwood Park, Alberta.
Afterward, she went to the University of Alberta to study general arts. Attracted to acting, she dropped out of the university at the age of 19. She did a screen acting program from Vancouver Film School for a year and graduated from it at the age of 20.
- Father – Wayne Canning
- Mother – Daphne Canning
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
35-25-35 in or 89-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
Best Known For
Playing Jenna Sommers in the supernatural drama series The Vampire Diaries from 2009 to 2012. She was a part of the main cast in the first two seasons. She has also appeared as a guest star in the later seasons.
First TV Show
In 2008, Canning appeared in The WB’s television series Smallville for her role as Tess’ assistant in two episodes titled “Odyssey” and “Plastique”.
Her favorite workout is hot yoga. There is not a fixed schedule dedicated to it. But, she does a lot of it, whenever she gets time. All the other exercises come after hot yoga, i.e. second preference. She finds it very challenging. Sara takes 90-minute classes of hot yoga regularly and it brings her mind to rest and she is able to concentrate more on her body.
She does cardio exercises like running too.
Sara Canning Favorite Things
- Moisturizers – Philosophy, DDF
- Beauty Products – Bare Mineral makeup (for skin), White Sands products (for hair)
- Clothes – Anthropologie, Madewell, French Connection, Armani Exchange
Source – AXS.com
Sara Canning Facts
- Sara cites the southern part of the U.S. as her second home (her first home being her hometown in Canada).
- At 11, she relocated to Sherwood Park, near Edmonton, Alberta from her hometown.
- As a child, she was more interested in figure skating and did competitive figure skating for like 10 years.
- Before coming into acting, she once thought of going into the field of journalism.
- At 18, Sara did her acting debut via the stage production of George Orwell’s 1984 in Edmonton.
- She uses a lot of beauty products from Amazing Cosmetics.
- She likes vintage products.