|Scarlxrd Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||June 19, 1994|
Scarlxrd is a British rapper, singer, songwriter, and former YouTuber known as Mazzi Maz, who came into prominence as the vocalist for the nu-metal/rap-rock band Myth City, that he founded in 2014, having become popular for his screaming vocals. He gained further recognition after debuting as a rapper under his “Scarlxrd” moniker with the release of the number Girlfriend in August 2016. He has dropped various albums including Immxrtalisatixn (2019), a number of EPs like FantasyVxid; Summer (2020), and several music videos such as the one for his single Heart Attack, that amassed more than 80 million views on YouTube. He has built a strong fanbase with his Instagram having garnered more than 2 million followers.
Marius Lucas Antonio Listhrop
Mazzi Maz, Scar
Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter
- Siblings – Claire (Younger Sister)
He is represented by Raw Power Management.
Hip Hop, Trap Metal, Rap Metal, SoundCloud Rap
- Island Records
- Lxrd Records
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
He is of Ghanaian and Jamaican descent on his father’s side of the family and of Jamaican and white descent on his mother’s side.
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Tattoos on his face and body
- Piercings on his lips, ears, and eyebrows
- Fuller lips
- Afro hairstyle
- Tall stature
Scarlxrd Favorite Things
- Artist He Saw Live – Music band The Prodigy, watching whom made him want to perform on stage too
Source – ConsequenceOfSound.net
- He has affirmed that he is proud of his cultural background and the fact that he has Caribbean and African in his blood. Scarlxrd has also loved how England is so multicultural and it is so colorful. He has added that while growing up, he had different types of friends and so never learned to differentiate anyone on the basis of race, which led him, later on, to never see race when he looked at people.
- Scarlxrd had launched his YouTube channel TheMazziMaz on April 21, 2012, to which he began uploading comedic videos on a variety of topics.
- Scarlxrd is pronounced as “Scarlord”.
- He has been known to replace the letter “o” with “x” as in his stage name as well as song titles. His visual aesthetic seen in his music videos and his clothing style has been heavily influenced by the Japanese culture, particularly anime. He has revealed that his signature surgical mask that he would wear in his attempt to distance himself from his YouTube image, had been inspired by the Japanese manga series Tokyo Ghoul.
- Scarlxrd has stated that he has wanted people to see his live shows and take away authentic and honest energy from them, identifying with him feeling that he is one of them as he really is so. He has added that he is a huge fan of music and of live music. While growing up, his mother would drag him to every festival she could in the United Kingdom. His favorite artists were the ones that were able to make the crowd have a great time and convert the whole place into a party and he has wanted and hoped for that kind of energy and vibe.
Featured Image by Scarlxrd / Instagram