|Sergi Roberto Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||February 7, 1992|
Sergi Roberto is a Spanish professional soccer player who has represented Spanish giants FC Barcelona primarily as a midfielder but has also excelled in various other roles like a full-back, defensive midfielder, or a winger. He has collected numerous trophies with the club, winning the La Liga title (2010–11, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2017–18, 2018–19), the Copa del Rey (2011–12, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18), the Supercopa de España (2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2018), the UEFA Champions League (2010–11, 2014–15), the UEFA Super Cup (2011, 2015), and the FIFA Club World Cup (2011, 2015). At the international level, he had represented Spain at the Under-17, Under-19, Under-20, and Under-21 tiers before making his senior national team debut in 2016. He was an integral member of the Spanish squad that had finished in 3rd place at the 2009 FIFA Under-17 World Cup.
Sergi Roberto Carnicer
The Remontada Man
Reus, Baix Camp, Tarragona, Catalonia, Spain
He splits his time between Reus, Baix Camp, Tarragona, Catalonia, Spain, and Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Josep Maria Roberto
- Mother – María Rosa Carnicer (d. December 2019)
- Siblings – Anna Roberto (Sister)
- Others – Roni Simanovich (Father-in-Law), Limor Bahat (Mother-in-Law), Pnina Rosenblum (Step-Mother-in-Law) (Businesswoman, Model, Media Personality, Politician)
- 14, 12, 6, 3, 20, 19, 8 – Spain
- 28, 30, 24, 20 – FC Barcelona
Midfielder / Defender (Full-Back)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sergi has dated –
- Coral Simanovich (2014-Present) – Sergi began dating Israeli model and former soldier Coral Simanovich in 2014. They got married in Tel Aviv on May 30, 2018. They have a daughter together named Kaia Roberto Simanovich (b. November 2019).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Spanish descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, spiked hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
Sergi Roberto Facts
- A prodigiously talented child, Sergi was recognized early and began his youth career in 2000, at the age of just 8, with local club Santes Creus. He joined Gimnàstic de Tarragona in 2004 before joining FC Barcelona‘s youth academy in 2006.
- At the 2009 FIFA Under-17 World Cup, he was Spain’s second-highest goalscorer with 3 goals under his belt. All 3 of those goals were a part of a hat-trick that he scored in Spain’s 4-1 win over Burkina Faso in the ‘Round of 16’.
- For his performances in the 2016–17 season, he was named ‘Catalan Footballer of the Year’.
- His nickname The Remontada Man (The Comeback Man) was given to him after he scored, arguably, the most important goal in his career. FC Barcelona, in their Round-of-16 rubber in the 2016/17 Champions League season, were trailing 4-0 against French champions Paris Saint-Germain after the first leg. The score in the second leg was 5-1 in favor of Barcelona at the start of the extra time and Sergi then scored the winner in the 5th minute of stoppage time to give Barcelona an improbable victory and sealed their passage to the quarterfinal, with a scarcely believable 6-5 aggregate scoreline. It was the first occasion when a club had overturned a 4-goal deficit in the tournament’s history.
Featured Image by Sergi Roberto / Instagram