|Shannon Purser Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 27, 1997|
|Boyfriend / Girlfriend||Unknown|
Shannon Purser is an American actress who made her acting career start with a guest role of Barb in Stranger Things. However, her work in that minor role served as a trailer of her great acting prowess. She managed to become a fan favorite despite her character getting limited screen time. She also managed to earn an Emmy nomination for her work. Next, she showed off her considerable acting skills in the teen mystery show, Riverdale. Plus, her ability to engage youth on sensitive issues such as mental health has further endeared her to the fans.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Instead of opting for traditional high school, Shannon Purser decided to opt for the homeschool co-op, which was a combination of formal classes and working at home.
After the completion of her high school studies, she got enrolled at the Kennesaw State University.
- Father – Her father was an airline pilot.
- Mother – Her mother was a flight attendant.
- Siblings – She has a younger sister.
Shannon Purser is represented by –
- United Talent Agency
- Stride Management
Emo, Rock, Electronic Music, Alternative Rock, Pop
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Shannon Purser has rarely spoken about the dating aspect of her personal life and instead has focused the discussion on her body issues and mental health problems because of which, it is difficult to say anything about her dating status.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English ancestry.
In April 2017, she revealed in a Twitter post that she is bisexual.
Shannon Purser has used her social media activity to promote a number of products and brands such as –
- Lane Bryant
- Caterina Jewelry
- Aldo Shoes
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Barbara “Barb” Holland in the Netflix teen drama series, Stranger Things
- Having played Ethel Muggs in the teen drama TV series, Riverdale, which is a dark adaptation of the Archie Comics
As a Singer
She has released the cover of popular songs such as Jimmy Eat World’s Hear You Me and Imagine Dragons’ Radioactive.
She also lent her voice to the song Sunflower in the film, Sierra Burgess Is a Loser in 2018.
In 2017, she made her theatrical film debut in the supernatural horror movie, Wish Upon.
First Web Show
In 2016, Shannon Purser made her first web show appearance in Chapter One: The Vanishing of Will Byers episode of the Netflix mystery show, Stranger Things.
Shannon Purser Favorite Things
- Movie – The Craft (1996)
- Dream Role – Eleanor from Eleanor & Park
- Books – Harry Potter series
Source – Pop Sugar, Hello Giggles
Shannon Purser Facts
- In March 2018, she wrote an essay for Teen Vogue in which she opened up about her own struggles with OCD and Suicidal Ideation.
- She initially felt that no one would watch Stranger Things as the show producers had done a minimal advertisement for the show. It was only after a week or two after show’s premiere, she realized that it was going to be a megahit.
- She has revealed in her interviews that she had been at war with her body since the age of 11. She had to battle body issues throughout the middle school.
- In November 2016, she revealed that she had previously indulged in self-harm and had even used a razor to cut her. She also added that she hadn’t self-harmed for the last couple of years.
- Before she got her big break in acting, she used to work in a movie theatre in her hometown. However, she eventually decided to quit so that she could focus on her acting career.
- Her work in Stranger Things helped her win a nomination for Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series” in 2017.
- In 2018, she was cast in a minor role in the comedy movie, Life of the Party. However, her role was edited out of the final cut of the movie.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Shannon Purser / Instagram