|Cassie Steele Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||December 2, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Cassie Steele is a Canadian actress, singer, songwriter, and voiceover artist who is best known for playing Manny Santos in the teen drama series Degrassi: The Next Generation and Abby Vargas in the CTV drama series The L.A. Complex. She has also been cast in projects like Super Sweet 16: The Movie, The Best Years, Rick and Morty, My Babysitter’s a Vampire, Mississippi River Sharks, Zombie Shark, Instant Star, and Full-Court Miracle.
Cassandra Rae Steele
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cassie Steele attended the London School of Dance in Scarborough, Ontario, and trained in ballet and jazz dance. She was also a gymnast for some time as well as has taken classical singing lessons at the Canadian Academy of Music.
Moreover, she has also been trained in contemporary singing at the New Conservatory of Music.
Actress, Singer, Songwriter, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Robin Steele
- Mother – Lily Steele
- Sibling – Alex Rose Steele (Younger Sister) (Actress)
Cassie Steele has been signed with Play Management, Inc., Talent Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Grunge, Alternative Rock, Indie Pop, Indie Rock
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cassie Steele has dated –
- Drew Roy (2008-2009) – In January 2008, she started dating American actor Drew Roy but the couple broke up eventually in March 2009.
- Jesse Giddings (2013-2014) – Musician, designer, actor, artist, and photographer Jesse Giddings and Cassie Steele were romantically involved between November 2013 and 2014.
- Trent Garrett (2018-2020) – She got married to American actor and model Trent Garrett in November 2018 and was stepmother to his son Luka. However, they divorced in 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Asian)
Cassie Steele is of English descent on her father’s side and has Filipino ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Dimpled smile
- Pointed chin
- Mole mark on her cheek (face)
She has appeared in a Fib Finder commercial.
Cassie Steele Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Singing, Dancing, Martial Arts, Gymnastics, Football, Basketball
- Some Of Her Favorite Movies – Pulp Fiction (1994), Domino (2005), Fight Club (1999).
- Degrassi Character – Holly J. Sinclair
Cassie Steele Facts
- She started her musical pursuits at a young age.
- From 2001 to 2010, Cassie Steele appeared as Manuela “Manny” Santos, a Filipino girl who struggles to define herself throughout the series, in Degrassi: The Next Generation.
- On March 15, 2005, she released her debut studio album, How Much for Happy, in Canada and it included songs like Crimson Tears, Jaded, Rock Your Bones, Not Yours Truly, Famous, Fantasy, Love Cost, Hey Joe, and A Sinner’s Prayer.
- Cassie’s 2nd studio album, Destructo Doll, was released on July 21, 2009.
- She played the role of Abby Vargas, an aspiring, talented, but very naive, accident-prone young actress, in The L.A. Complex in 2012.
- Cassie Steele has done voiceover work in the American adult animated science fiction sitcom, Rick and Morty, which follows the misadventures of cynical mad scientist Rick Sanchez and his good-hearted but fretful grandson Morty Smith.
- She enjoys going horseback riding with her sister.
Featured Image by Phil Birnbaum / Flickr / CC BY 2.0