|Shanti Pereira Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||September 20, 1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Shanti Pereira is a Singaporean track and field athlete who as of October 2023, had been ranked 1st in Asia in 2023 for both the 100 m and 200 m based on World Athletics’ records. She specializes in the 100 m, 200 m, 4 x 100 m, and 4 x 400 m.
Veronica Shanti Pereira
Shanti Pereira studied at CHIJ (Katong) Primary, Singapore. After that, she was enrolled at the Singapore Sports School where she studied for a diploma in sports and leisure management offered jointly by Republic Polytechnic and the school itself.
She was then awarded the Yip Pin Xiu Scholarship to study accountancy at Singapore Management University but unfortunately lost it in 2018, due to her underachieving results. Despite that, Shanti did graduate in 2021.
Track & Field Athlete
- Father – Clarence Pereira
- Mother – Bridget Jeet Pereira
- Siblings – Valerie Pereira (Older Sister) (Athlete), Shobi Pereira (Older Sister) (Athlete)
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shanti has dated –
- Zong Yang – Shanti has been in a relationship with a boy named Zong Yang.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Singaporean ancestry.
Shanti Pereira Facts
- She was in primary three when she was introduced to track and field.
- It was her older sisters who inspired her to take up track and field.
- While attending the Singapore Sports School, she led the team into the C Division team championship at the National School Games.
- Shanti was chosen to be an ambassador for Income Insurance Singapore in the past.
- As of October 2023, Shanti held the 100 m national record (11.20s), 200 m national record (22.57s), 200 m SEA Games record (22.69s), and the 200 m Asian Athletics Championships games record (22.70s).
- She has been sponsored by various brands including Nike, CMC Invest, Yoga Movement, and OATSIDE.
Featured Image By Shanti Pereira / Instagram