|Shelley Regner Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||December 21, 1988|
Shelley Regner has earned a lot of fame and exposure for her role as Ashley in the Pitch Perfect movie series. She has been a vital part of all the 3 movies and has become a firm fan favorite. She had just completed her university studies when an opportunity to appear in the popular movie came knocking around and since then, she hasn’t looked back.
Shelley Anne Regner
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Shelley Regner went to Parkview Baptist High School. Later, she got enrolled at Louisiana State University from where she graduated in 2011 with a degree in theatre.
- Father – Donald Regner (Businessman)
- Mother – Jan Regner
- Siblings – Lauren Regner (Sister) (Performer)
Capella, Musical, Pop-Opera
Disney Music Group
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shelley has dated –
- Nick Bredosky (2016-Present) – Although Shelley tries to keep her personal life away from the public eye, she often posts pictures with Nick Bredosky, whom she started dating in 2016. The couple celebrated their 2 years of togetherness in August 2018 and Shelley also shared a picture on her Instagram handle with her man to mark their anniversary.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Petite Figure
- Wide Smile
Shelley Regner has used her social media activity to promote brands such as Isagenix.
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Ashley in the musical comedy movie, Pitch Perfect, and its subsequent 2 sequels
- Having played the role of Mallorie Watson in the drama TV series, Youthful Daze
As a Singer
Regner has been attached to a cappella group, D Cappella, by Disney Music Company, as a mezzo. The other members of the group are Morgan Keene, Orlando Dixon, Antonio Fernandez, RJ Woessner, Sojourner Brown, and Joe Santoni. The band’s debut single was a cover of Fall Out Boy’s Immortals.
In 2012, she made her theatrical film debut as Ashley in the comedy-drama movie, Pitch Perfect.
First TV Show
In 2012, Shelley Regner made her first TV show appearance in Pinup Problems episode of the reality TV series, Tattoo Nightmares.
Shelley Regner regularly works out by hitting the gym for 3 to 5 times a week. She usually relies on the guidance of her personal trainer Zach Salaun for her workout routines. She trains at the Equinox gym in West Hollywood. Her workout routines include a mixture of strength training and cardio workout with occasional boxing moves and sparring thrown in.
Shelley Regner Favorite Things
- Role – Amy in Stephen Sondheim’s musical Company
Source – LSU Now
Shelley Regner Facts
- When she was in her freshman year at Louisiana State University, she wasn’t sure which course she should pursue. So, she took a year off theatre and realized that she can’t live without acting, which ultimately helped her make the decision.
- She first performed on the stage when she was 6 years old at Jeffie Jean Studio in Baton Rouge.
- After graduating from the university, she started working as a waitress so as to earn enough money to move to Los Angeles. She even moved in with her mother to save more money.
- About 4 months after she graduated from the university, the producers of Pitch Perfect decided to hold open auditions at the Louisiana State University.
- Regner initially thought that she was auditioning for the role of an extra but then, she received a call informing her that she would be cast as one of the girls in the lead group.
- For her initial audition for Pitch Perfect, she, along with 70 other girls, was asked to prepare a pop song. She decided to perform Whitney Houston’s I Wanna Dance with Somebody.
- After completing the shooting of Pitch Perfect, she decided to move to Los Angeles and was signed up with Studio Talent Group which was referred to her by LSU professor, Rick Holden, who was also her acting mentor.
- Although she impressed everyone with her beatboxing skills in Pitch Perfect, she had no prior experience of the art and had to learn it especially for the role.
- While she was a senior in high school, she was the president of the Thespian Club.
- She has taken acting training from esteemed institutes such as Ivana Chubbuck’s Acting Studio (with Michael Monks), Lesly Kahn’s Studio (with Lesly Kahn), and Margie Haber’s Studio (with Courtney Burr).
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Shelley Regner / Instagram