Born Place / Residence
Her schooling and other educational background is not known.
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Stere Halep (Former Football Player)
- Mother – Tania Halep
- Siblings – She has an older brother
Romanian Tennis Federation
Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
60 kg or 132 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has not publicly dated anyone.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Aromanian ancestry.
37-26-35 in or 94-66-89 cm
8 (US) or 38 (EU)
She was earlier 34DD. But, had to undergo breast reduction surgery to improve her tennis play and get rid of back pain.
She has previously endorsed Vodafone Romania for 3 years.
Her clothes are sponsored by Adidas,
Previously, she had made deals with Nike (for shoes), and Lacoste (for apparel).
Best Known For
Her aggressive baseline playing style of tennis.
She became world #2 tennis player in 2014.
First Tennis Match
She played her first professional tennis match in 2006.
First Grand Slam Singles Wins
Simona won her singles Grand Slam titles for the first time in the years –
- Australian Open – None
- French Open – 2018
- Wimbledon – 2019
- US Open – None
At a young age, she started taking tennis coaching from local (Constanța based) tennis coach, Ioan Stan.
In January 2014, Simona was talking coaching from Belgian coach Wim Fissette. After she parted ways with him, Simona hired Romanian coach Victor Ioniță and Thomas Högstedt as coaching consultants for the first three tournaments.
Teo Cercel has served as her fitness coach.
In January 2016, she started working full time with coach Darren Cahill.
She exercises daily for an hour and her routine includes exercises like running, body weight exercises, and resistance moves (using a resistance or exercise band). She doesn’t lift much weights as she doesn’t want to become stiff. The maximum she lifts is 2kg. She also does yoga occasionally.
Simona eats everything in moderation. When asked about her breakfast, she replied with dark bread, smoked salmon with cheese and fruit as her preferred choice.
Simona Halep Favorite Things
- Singaporean Dish – Chicken Rice
- Food – Milk chocolate, pizza
- Place – Paris
- Tournament – Roland Garros (or French Open)
Simona Halep Facts
- Her family also owns and runs a dairy products factory.
- At 4, she started playing tennis after seeing her older brother playing the sport.
- At 6, she was practicing tennis every day.
- When she was young, Simona idolized tennis players Justine Henin and Andrei Pavel.
- To get rid of back pain and improve her tennis play, Simona underwent a breast reduction surgery at the age of 17 (in summer of 2009). She was 34DD and lowered it to 34C.
- If she weren’t a tennis star, she probably would have been a mathematician as she was good at mathematics.
- In 2013, she was WTA’s Most Improved Player.
- In July 2019, she made history by beating Serena Williams in the final of the Wimbledon 2019 as she became the first Romanian tennis player to win the Wimbledon singles title.
- She was able to win her first 6 WTA titles in the same year.
- Connect with Simona on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.