|Skylar Astin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 23, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Skylar Astin is an American actor and singer who is best known for portraying roles such as Jesse Swanson in Pitch Perfect, Greg Serrano in Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, and Max in Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Taking Woodstock, Cavemen, Hot Air, Secret Society of Second-Born Royals, Flock of Dudes, Ground Floor, Vampirina, Grey’s Anatomy, Graves, Halt and Catch Fire, Glee, and many more. His theatre credits include plays like Spring Awakening, West Side Story, How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, and Little Shop of Horrors. As a singer, Skylar has released singles such as When You’re Not There and Without You.
Skylar Astin Lipstein
New York City, New York, USA
Skylar graduated from Clarkstown High School North in Rockland County, New York. After that, he attended Stagedoor Manor summer camp.
Later, he enrolled himself at the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University. He also took leave from the University, after he got a role in Spring Awakening.
- Father – Barry Lipstein
- Mother – Meryl Lipstein
- Siblings – Brielle (Sister), Milan (Brother), Jace (Brother)
Skylar is signed to United Talent Agency.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Skylar Astin dated –
- Jessica Bridgeman (2008) – Skylar started dating musician Jessica on April 16, 2008 after they both met on the set of the play Spring Awakening. The musical theater actors separated on June 13, 2008. It was a short-lived relationship.
- Lauren Pritchard (2008-2011) – On October 25, 2008, Skylar started dating soul singer, songwriter, and actress, Lauren Pritchard. Their relationship went for three years until 2011.
- Anna Camp (2013-2019) – Pitch Perfect co-stars Anna Camp and Skylar Astin started dating in June 2013. The duo then got engaged in January 2016 and tied the knot in September 2016. The marriage couldn’t last for even 3 years and they took a mutual decision to end things and move apart in April 2019.
- Lisa Stelly (2020-2021) – He started dating actress Lisa Stelly in 2020. In September 2021, it was revealed that the couple had broken up.
Race / Ethnicity
As per his fans, he wears a shoe of size 11.
He has not endorsed any of the brands.
Best Known For
Playing Georg in the rock musical stage play Spring Awakening in 2006. He is also known for playing Jesse Swanson in the 2012 movie Pitch Perfect.
He started his film career with the 2006 documentary film Stagedoor as himself.
First TV Show
In 2011, Astin played the role as Ben in NBC’s TV series Love Bites in an episode titled “Boys to Men“.
Skylar works out under the supervision of Shaun T. Shaun is a fitness trainer and choreographer, who is a former professional WBA boxer. Skylar does Insanity and Hip-Hop Abs home fitness workout with Shaun. Shaun has developed such fitness program for adults as well as children.
Astin also enjoys playing tennis with his best friend Matt. It’s another kind of workout.
Skylar Astin Favorite Things
- Singers (for Workout) – Michael Jackson, Lil Wayne (for boxing, Skylar listens to Wayne’s music)
- Fashion Label – Del Toro, Cole Haan
- Movie – Goodfellas (1990)
Source – Esquire, FabFitFun.com
Skylar Astin Facts
- Skylar uses his middle name “Astin” as his last name. His agent suggested him to do so when Skylar was 15.
- He started acting at the age of 14 via community production of GodSpell.
- He knows how to play the piano, and he has been doing so since 5.
- In August 2010, he performed as Mark Cohen in the rock musical “Rent” at the Hollywood Bowl.
- He likes cooking.
- Before becoming famous, Astin used to work in the deli of a natural foods store called “Back To Earth” in New York City.
- In June 2021, he released his debut single titled Without You.