|Song Kang Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||April 24, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Song Kang is a South Korean actor who is known for having been cast in a couple of shows and movies such as When the Devil Calls Your Name, Man in the Kitchen, The Liar and His Lover, Beautiful Vampire, Happy Together, and Village Survival, the Eight. Apart from that, he has also amassed a huge fan base on social media and enjoys more than 2 million followers on Instagram.
Song Kang studied at the Konkuk University‘s Department of Film Arts.
Song Kang is represented by Namoo Actors, Talent Management Agency, Seoul, South Korea.
6 ft or 183 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Song Kang is of South Korean descent.
- Tall stature
- Toned physique
- Prominent Adam’s apple
- Long neck
He has either endorsed or promoted a variety of brands through social media which include the likes of FIND KAPOOR, Niikorea, EDWIN KOREA, and several others.
Song Kang Facts
- He made his first TV show appearance by portraying the character of Baek Jin-woo, the childhood friend of the character, named So-rim, played by Joy and the guitarist of the band Mush & Co., in the musical romantic comedy series, The Liar and His Lover, in 2017. The show stars Lee Hyun-woo, Joy (Park Soo-young), Lee Jung-jin, Lee Seo-won, and Hong Seo-young and has won awards like the OSEN Cable TV Award.
- On July 8, 2017, Song Kang participated in Namoo Actors’s “Introduction to Rookies” fan meeting along with artists like Oh Seung-hoon and Lee Yoo-jin and its tickets were sold out within 30 seconds.
- From 2017 to 2018, he was a part of the MBC TV series, Man in the Kitchen.
- He made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Lee So-nyeon in the 2018 fantasy film, Beautiful Vampire. Directed by Jeong Eun-gyeong, the film’s cast also comprised of actors Jung Yeon-joo, Park Jun-myun, and Lee Yong-nyeo.
- From 2018 to 2019, Song Kang was cast as one of the lead cast members, alongside Yoo Jae-suk, Yang Se-hyung, Jang Do-yeon, Son Dam-bi, and Kim Sang-ho, in the TV reality-variety show, Village Survival, the Eight. For this, Song Kang was nominated for the 12th SBS Entertainment Award in the “Rookie Award (Male)” category in 2018.
- In 2019, he was cast as one of the main cast members in the Netflix teen romantic drama series, Love Alarm, alongside the likes of Kim So-hyun and Jung Ga-ram. He played the role of a handsome model who grew up in a rich family.
- He also appeared as Luka Aleksević in the supernatural melodrama TV series, When the Devil Calls Your Name, in 2019.
- Song Kang was cast as Cha Hyun-soo in the Netflix horror drama series, Sweet Home, in 2020. Directed by Lee Eung-bok, the show’s lead cast also included Lee Jin-wook and Lee Si-young.
- He has appeared in music videos for songs such as Sweet Summer Night by The ADE, Love Story by Suran, and Call Me Back by Vibe.
Featured Image by Song Kang / Instagram