|Song Yoon-ah Quick Info
|5 ft 8 in
|Date of Birth
|June 7, 1973
Song Yoon-ah is a South Korean actress who has been cast in a variety of shows and movies which include Assembly, Mama, Wedding Dress, My Beloved Sister, On Air, Secret Mother, Jail Breakers, Lost in Love, Hong Kong Express, and You Don’t Know My Feelings.
Seoul, South Korea
Song Yoon-ah attended Hanyang University, one of the leading private research universities in South Korea, and studied Cultural Anthropology.
- Siblings – Song Byeong-ho (Older Brother). She also has 1 other older brother.
Song Yoon-ah is represented by Snowball Entertainment.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Song Yoon-ah has dated –
- Sol Kyung-gu (2007-Present) – She started dating actor Sol Kyung-gu in 2007 and they got married on May 28, 2009, in Bangbae-dong. The wedding ceremony was held at a Catholic Church which was followed by a reception at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Seoul. On August 3, 2010, the duo was blessed with a son named Sol Seung-yoon.
Race / Ethnicity
Song Yoon-ah is of South Korean descent.
- Charming smile
- Bubbly personality
Song Yoon-ah Facts
- She was raised in Gimcheon, North Gyeongsang Province.
- It was one of her old schoolmates who recommended her to a modeling agency while she was a freshman at Hanyang University.
- Song Yoon-ah appeared as Han Gyeong-sun in the critically acclaimed comedy film, Jail Breakers, in 2002. This role won her several accolades including 23rd Blue Dragon Film Award, 11th Chunsa Film Art Award, as well as 40th Grand Bell Award in the “Best Supporting Actress” category.
- In 2008, she was cast as Seo Young-eun in the SBS series, On Air, in which she starred alongside Kim Ha-neul, Park Yong-ha, and Lee Beom-soo. For this role, she won the SBS Drama Award for “Top Excellence Award, Actress” as well as “Top 10 Stars”.
- Song Yoon-ah portrayed the character of Kim Yoon-jin, an ex-psychiatrist who quits her job to become a full-time housewife after the death of her daughter, in the 2018 mystery thriller TV series, Secret Mother, and won the SBS Drama Award in the “Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Daily and Weekend Drama” category for her performance.
- She filed a defamation suit against 57 netizens in 2014 for spreading the rumor that she was involved in an extramarital affair with her husband Sol Kyung-gu while he was married to another woman.
- Song Yoon-ah has also accrued more than 500k followers on Instagram.
Featured Image by ACROFAN / acrofan.com / CC BY-SA 3.0