|Sophie Bolen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||December 21, 1999|
Sophie Bolen is an American actress, best known for her roles of Priscilla in the adventure, family movie Rodeo Girl (2016) and Samantha Wick in the family movie, The Horse Dancer (2017). She had an early start as an actress when she was cast as Julia Haggen in the movie The Christmas Bunny (2010) at the age of 10. The roles in movies such as Dreamscape (2011) as Tina, Mary’s Buttons (2012) as Godlieva Molaere, Believe Again (2013) as Mary Winfield, Our Beautiful Secret (2013) as Angela, and Small Town Santa (2014) as Angela followed soon.
At that time, Sophie also became a high school student, and besides attending acting and vocal classes, also acted in theater. Sophie has appeared in stage productions of well-known plays such as The Sound of Music, Willy Wonka, Dr. Doolittle, Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing, A Christmas Carol, The Wizard of Oz, Annie, Cinderella, and many others. In 2015, she also had a minor role of a young girl crying in the movie Saugatuck Cures, as well as the role of Kasandra Madison in the movie A Dog for Christmas. The year of 2017 was marked by Sophie’s appearances in the feature films such as Crowning Jules as Posh Girl and The Taker’s Crown as Jane.
Sophie Mae Bolen
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
At the elementary school level, Sophie was homeschooled via a Flex Program and attended half of her classes online, while the other half were regular.
Sophie attended Forest Hills Central High School in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States from 2014 to June 2018.
- Father – Bruce Bolen
- Mother – Jane Bolen (Former Competitive Horse Rider, Horse Trainer)
- Siblings – Alex Bolen (Older Brother)
Sophie Bolen is represented by –
- Jane Bolen (Direct Contact) in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
- Inspire Talent Group LLC (Company) in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
- Ann Wright Representatives (Talent Agent) in New York, New York, United States
- The IGroup (Talent Agent) in Detroit, Michigan, United States
- Babes ‘N Beau (Talent Agent) in Hinsdale, Illinois, United States
- P+ Detroit (Talent Agent) in Bingham Farms, Michigan, United States
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sophie Bolen has dated –
- Charlie Krug (2017-Present) – Sophie is currently dating Charlie Krug. In January 2017, Charlie invited her to Winterfest by making a sign with the sentence “Scamper away with me to WF?”, which she gladly accepted. They also went to his high school prom in 2017, and to hers in 2018. In addition, according to Sophie, the two had a lot of “endless spontaneous adventures together.”
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
Sophie Bolen hasn’t endorsed any brands yet.
Best Known For
Her movie roles of Julia Haggen in The Christmas Bunny (2010), Kasandra Madison in A Dog for Christmas (2015), Priscilla in Rodeo Girl (2016), and Samantha Wick in The Horse Dancer (2017)
As a Singer
Although she wasn’t credited for it, Sophie sang in the song titled Hold On which ended up in the soundtrack for the movie she starred in, The Horse Dancer (2017). In addition, the song was released on all major streaming services as a single, which was her 1st official project in the music industry.
Sophie Bolen made her first feature film appearance as Julia Haggen in the family-drama film The Christmas Bunny in 2010.
First TV Show
Sophie Bolen made her first TV show appearance as Swallow 1/Pulled Daughter in an episode of the comedy series Backstage Drama in 2011.
Sophie Bolen Favorite Things
- Singer – Luke Benward
- Movie – Kung Fu Panda (2008)
- Book Franchise – The Chronicles of Narnia (1950-1956)
- TV Shows – Razzle Dazzle (1961-1966), Hannah Montana (2006-2011)
- Video Game – Super Mario Bros
- Sports – Horse Riding, Dancing
- Food – Waffles, Peanut Butter, Pizza, Pasta, Chocolate, Cheese
- Time Of Day – Sunrise
- Season – Summer
- Song (In 2019) – The End by The Beatles
Source – Facebook About, Instagram Highlights
Sophie Bolen Facts
- Growing up, she would often set up her Barbie dolls and have them perform on a “stage” represented by a shoebox, while other dolls “sat” in the audience and cheered.
- A local high school theatre director discovered her at the age of 4 and gave her a small role in the school production of Footloose. Sophie later attended that same high school.
- At the beginning of her career, she’d heard the 2 golden rules of the TV/movie industry – never work with animals or kids. Sophie both rode horses and was a child actor alongside many adults who were 4 to 5 times older than her.
- Sophie’s 1st horse was named Billy, and she got him at the age of 10. At that time, the horse was 13 years old. She clearly remembers the day she got Billy because she desperately wanted to go to Chuck-E-Cheese with her friends, while her mom forced her to go to the barn.
- Between 2008 and 2015, Sohpie has attended both theater and vocal classes, primarily in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States. In 2015, she decided to enroll in The Actor’s Spot in North Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States, and enrich her experience with acting classes taught by Patrick Malone.
- Around 2014, Sophie revealed that even if she stops acting on-screen in the future, she would still have a job in the entertainment industry, perhaps behind the camera or in the theater.
- She prefers the countryside to modern city life.
- She prefers spicy food over sweet food, but also sweet food over savory food.
- Sophie likes reading books more than she likes watching movies.
- She prefers dogs over cats.
- She likes Apple iOS more than Android.
- Sophie would rather save money than to spend money.
- She likes beef and chicken but doesn’t like pork.
- She eats pizza, one of her favorite foods, with a thick crust.
- Sophie is afraid of both spiders and snakes.
- She would rather be hot than be cold.
- In late June 2018, she co-founded Inspire Talent, LLC, a company that scouts and develops actors, models, and singers.
- The horse she rode in the movie Rodeo Girl (2016) was an Appaloosa named Scarlet and was registered under the name “Hunting in Red.” Because the part of the movie was filmed in Indiana, United States as well, she also rode horse doubles from a local horse academy.
- Sophie attended SoulScapes, an “after school enrichment program that aims to inspire and empower preteen/teen girls to embrace their beautiful unique essence and to realize their dreams.” The program is led by Cynthia Moll in Ada, Michigan, United States.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Sophie Bolen / Instagram