|Starr Andrews Quick Info|
|Height||4 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||June 23, 2001|
Starr Andrews is an American figure skater who came into the spotlight as a nine-year-old when a video of hers skating to Whip My Hair had gone viral after appearing on YouTube in December 2010, having garnered more than 50 million views by March 2018. She gained further popularity by being the 2017 U.S. national junior silver medalist, 2019 International Challenge Cup silver medalist, as well as 2019 Egna Trophy silver medalist. Starr has amassed more than 25k followers on Instagram.
Los Angeles, California, United States
She has been homeschooled.
- Mother – Toshawa Andrews (Former Figure Skater)
- Siblings – She has 1 brother and 2 sisters named Skylar who has been a gymnast and Ashton who has been a baseball player.
4 ft 11 in or 150 cm
45 kg or 99 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Afro hairstyle
- Dimpled smile
- Freckles on her face
- Mole beneath her lips
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Bubble.
Starr Andrews Favorite Things
- Pastime – Being by the beach
Source – Instagram
Starr Andrews Facts
- She has recalled that she got interested in figure skating at the age of 3 after her mother brought her along to the ice rink. Starr had started craving to get on the ice but had been too small and had to wait. She started learning to skate in 2005.
- Her programs have been noted to have been highly creative. She has stated that she has always liked to be different than everybody else in spite of it being difficult to be so in her field. People have been skating to the same songs each year and she has found that trying to find something new is never easy which has led to her getting excited when finally she gets to get hold of something unique. She has added that for the creative process, her coaches, mother join her to select the music and keep on looking until all of them like the same piece.
- Andrews has disclosed that she had no idea that her YouTube video titled Whip My Hair would go viral. Starr had casually done the program and thought of putting it on YouTube for her family to see. She had been pleasantly surprised and grateful that it had gone so far.
- Starr has been driven by intention as well as clarity of vision. She has believed that some of her confidence has come from the fact that she has shared her love for the sport with her mother, whom she has regarded to be her best friend.
- Starr has cherished skating and feeling the wind in her face, going out there and displaying her hard work. She has always had good fun while doing her practice. She has handled her bad days with a smile knowing that it is perfectly natural to not succeed at all times, and easily moved past them.
- Starr has stated that when on the ice, she has enjoyed both spins and jumps.
- She has affirmed that the performance side of skating has been her most relished part as that allows her to show the different sides of her personality.
Featured Image by Starr / Instagram