|Steven Deng Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||25, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Steven Deng is an American social media star, singer, and dancer, best known for his YouTube channel of the same name, which has amassed a fanbase of more than 700k subscribers. On it, Steven has dedicated his time and effort to covering everything about the K-POP (Korean pop) music culture, from making ‘Top 10’ lists to comedy skits, cosplays, reactions, parodies, fashion, fan theories, and various challenges, including ones where he had to dance. The biggest part of his content was dedicated to the 7-member South Korean band, BTS or Bangtan Boys, his favorite boy band, as well as SNSD or Girls’ Generation, an 8-member all-girl group. He has also amassed a large fanbase online with more than 100k followers on Instagram and Twitter.
Steven graduated from the University of California San Diego in San Diego, California, United States as the class of 2017.
Social Media Star, Singer, Dancer
He self-manages his career.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Middle-parted haircut
- Strong jawline
Steven Deng has endorsed brands such as –
- Amino Smartphone App (2018)
- East Meet East Smartphone App (2019)
Best Known For
His social media fanbase with more than 700k subscribers on YouTube and more than 100k followers on Twitter and Instagram
As a Singer
Steven sang in a comedy video he uploaded to YouTube as part of his video series When two Cringe Koreaboos… titled The Koreaboo Song on August 3, 2019. It became apparent that he was not the best of singers and only did it for the roleplay purposes.
In early 2018, he admitted to being the unhealthiest and heaviest he had ever been. This frustrated Steven because he used to work out consistently in the past, which forced him to go back to the gym. Taking ‘before’ and ‘after’ pictures proved to be his biggest motivation and it helped him see how far he’s come.
Steven Deng Favorite Things
- K-POP Boy Band – BTS
- K-POP Girl Band – SNSD
- BTS Member – Jimin
- Interests – K-Pop, Anime, Mountaineering, Cosplay, Traveling
- Drink – Coffee
- Song (In July 2019) – Boom by NCT Dream
- Video Games – Pokémon, Kingdom Hearts 3
- Anime – Attack on Titan, The Promised Neverland
Steven Deng Facts
- He calls his fanbase ‘Stevelings’.
- He initially created 2 YouTube channels back in June 2014, but the ‘Steven Deng’ one took off at a faster rate, so he decided to focus solely on that channel.
- Steven attended KCON in 2016 and hung out with Jun Sung Ahn who was a member of the BGA k-pop parody band with Ryan Higa and made his solo music debut in August 2018. He also hung out with GoToe, a Korean YouTuber, and YouTubers ‘Just Random Everything’ and Swoozie.
- He has shown his dancing skills in a number of occasions. Most often, Steven has tried out his hand at dancing challenges and parodies to well-known K-POP songs on his YouTube channel, but he also dances on the stage at various K-POP fan conventions and events.
- Despite graduating from university in 2017, Steven still has weird dreams where he abruptly wakes up and thinks he had forgotten to turn in an assignment or has been caught cheating on a test.
- He has a weird habit where he goes to shoe stores and stays there for 30 seconds because he likes their indoor smell.
- Steven rushed and watched the movie Avengers: Endgame (2019) because people couldn’t stop spoiling it, making him worry that he’d hear an important part before he gets to watch it himself.
- In the past, his poor body posture while working on videos and studying earned him excruciating back pain. He was even forced to delay his weekly uploads on a few occasions because he couldn’t sit at all.
- In early 2019, Steven was angry that his friends have a 20/20 vision, and he had problems seeing. After he went to the doctor, he was diagnosed with astigmatism in his left eye in mid-January 2019.
- Follow him on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat.
Featured Image by Steven Deng / Instagram