|Stoffel Vandoorne Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 26, 1992|
|Girlfriend||Anna de Ferran|
Stoffel Vandoorne is a Belgian professional racing driver who has competed in both the Formula One and the Formula E Championships. After starting his professional career in 2010, he put together a string of stirring performances that made heads turn, winning the 2010 F4 Eurocup 1.6 series, the 2012 Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 championship, and the 2015 GP2 Series. He had also finished as runner-up in the 2013 Formula Renault 3.5 Series and the 2014 GP2 Series. Stoffel’s consistent performances earned him a regular run in the premier Formula One tier in the mid-2010s and he began competing in the Formula E championship from the 2018-19 season. In 2019, he also competed in and finished 3rd in the prestigious 24 Hours of Le Mans endurance race.
Kortrijk, West Flanders, Belgium
He splits his time between Monte Carlo, Monaco, and Roeselare, West Flanders, Belgium.
Professional Racing Driver
- Father – Patrick Vandoorne (Architect)
- Mother – Marleen Delabie
- 5 – Formula E
- 2 – Formula One
Formula One Teams
Stoffel has raced for –
- McLaren Mercedes (2014) (Test Driver)
- McLaren Honda (2015) (Test Driver)
- McLaren Honda (2016-2017)
- McLaren F1 Team (2018)
- Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport (2019) (Development Driver)
- Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team (2020) (Reserve Driver)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Stoffel has dated –
- Angelique Detavernier (2015-2018)
- Anna de Ferran (2018-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Belgian descent.
- Lean physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
- Has a mole on his neck
Stoffel has been sponsored by –
- Bell Helmets
Stoffel Vandoorne Favorite Things
- Sports – Motorsport Racing, Cycling, Karting
- Hobby – Sim Racing
- Racing Track – Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium
Source – FIA
Stoffel Vandoorne Facts
- He first came into contact with motorsport racing at the age of 6 when he visited a local kart track with his father, who was contracted to design a restaurant there, and the track’s owner gifted him a kart.
- In 2008, he achieved his karting breakthrough when he became the Belgian KF2 Champion. He stood 2nd in the CIK-FIA World Cup in the KF2 category in 2009.
- In 2010, he was named the Royale Automobile Club of Belgium (RACB) ‘Rookie of the Year’. He was then honored with the ‘RACB Driver of the Year’ award in 2012, 2014, and 2015.
- In March 2016, the McLaren Honda team announced that Stoffel would participate in the Bahrain Grand Prix, the 2nd race of the season, as one of their regular drivers Fernando Alonso was unfit to drive after a major accident in the previous round. Stoffel astonished everyone by finishing the race in the 10th position and became the first reserve driver to score points in his debut F1 race since Sebastian Vettel had achieved this rare feat at the 2007 United States Grand Prix.
Featured Image by Stoffel Vandoorne / Instagram