|Tarkan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 17, 1972|
Tarkan is a Turkish singer, songwriter, arranger, composer, and record producer who is known as one of the prominent figures of the Turkish music industry and has released a multitude of albums and songs like Yine Sensiz, Come Closer, Ölürüm Sana, and Adımı Kalbine Yaz. Additionally, he is also very popular on social media and enjoys more than 5 million followers on Instagram, more than 4 million followers on Twitter, more than 2 million followers on Facebook, and more than 2 million subscribers on YouTube.
Duke of Buckingham, Prince of the Bosphorus
Alzey, Rhineland-Palatinate, West Germany
Tarkan studied music at the Uskudar Music Society.
Singer, Songwriter, Arranger, Composer, Record Producer
- Father – Ali Tevetoğlu
- Mother – Neşe Tevetoğlu
- Siblings – Hakan (Brother), Handan (Younger Sister)
- Others – Seyhun Kahraman (Stepfather)
Pop, Folk Pop, Adult Contemporary, Pop Rock, Dance-Pop, Classical Turkish Music
İstanbul, Universal, HITT, DMC
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tarkan has dated –
- Elif Dagdeviren (1994-1996)
- Jeni Kalkandjieva (1999)
- Bilge Ozturk (2002-2009)
- Nil Özalp (2010)
- Funda Kilic (2015)
- Pınar Dilek (2016-Present) – The duo got married on April 29, 2016, and welcomed their first child, a daughter named Lidya, on July 12, 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
- Sports a beard
- Sharp gaze
He appeared in a TV commercial for Coca Cola in 2018.
- He gets his name from the fictional comic book Hunnic warrior ‘Tarkan’, a creation of Turkish cartoonist Sezgin Burak.
- His first English language album, Come Closer, was released on April 7, 2006, and it was ranked at number #18 in the German Albums Chart, at number #43 in the Swiss Albums Chart, and at number #50 in the Austrian Albums Chart.
- In 2011, he received the 38th Golden Butterfly Award for “Best Male Turkish Pop Music Artist”.
- Tarkan underwent surgery for thyroid nodules at Maslak Acıbadem Hospital in June 2019.
- He is well-versed in English and Turkish and also understands German.
Featured Image by Hakki Topcu / Flickr / CC BY 2.0