|Tegan Nox Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 15, 1994|
Tegan Nox is a Welsh professional wrestler who began competing on WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)’s NXT brand in 2017. Before joining WWE, she had competed in several events and competitions on the British independent circuit including Attack! Pro Wrestling, Progress Wrestling, and Fight Club: Pro. She won the Attack! Pro Wrestling‘s ‘Attack! 24/7 Championship’ thrice and the ‘Attack! Tag Team Championship’ once. Tegan won the British Empire Woman’s Championship once and was the inaugural winner, in 2016, of the What Culture Pro Wrestling (WCPW) Women’s Championship.
Steffanie Rhiannon Newell
Tegan Nox, Nixon Newell, The Girl with the Shiniest Wizard, Lady Kane, Captain Marvel of NXT
Bargoed, Rhymney Valley, Wales, United Kingdom
She splits her time between South Wales Valleys, Wales, United Kingdom, and Orlando, Orange County, Florida, United States.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Welsh descent.
- Toned physique
- Has tattoos on both her arms
- Neck-length, straight hair
- Pierced belly button
Tegan Nox Favorite Things
- Wrestlers/Role Models – Molly Holly, Kane
- Fictional Character – Harry Potter
Tegan Nox Facts
- As a youngster, she was keenly involved in soccer and had given trials for both Cardiff City F.C. and the Welsh national team. However, she suffered a major knee injury when she was 13 years old which led to her withdrawal from the Welsh Under-16 squad. Apart from soccer, she was also enthusiastic about netball and tag rugby.
- She gave up soccer at the age of 16 owing to her knee injury and began training at a professional wrestling school in the Welsh town of Port Talbot.
- Her ring name, Tegan Nox, is a tribute to both her Welsh heritage and her love for the fictional fairytale world of Harry Potter. Tegan is the Welsh word for toy and Nox is the name of a spell from the realm of Harry Potter. One of her nicknames The Girl with the Shiniest Wizard is also a nod to Harry Potter.
- In 2015, she became the first female wrestler to compete in the Wolverhampton-based Fight Club: Pro competition. After competing there for 2 years, and when it was announced that she would be joining WWE in mid-2017, the competition honored her with a special show titled First Female of Fight Club.
- One of her nicknames, Lady Kane, is in tribute to the iconic WWE wrestler Glenn Jacobs aka Kane. She stated in an interview that as a child, she was simultaneously in awe of him, terrified of him, and obsessed with his persona.
- She has also won the DDT Pro-Wrestling‘s ‘Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship’ title twice and the Southside Wrestling Entertainment‘s ‘Tag Team Championship’ once.
Featured Image by Tegan Nox / Instagram