|Terri Garber Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 28, 1960|
|Spouse||William F. Roudebush|
Terri Garber is an American actress, former model, and entrepreneur best known for her role of Southern belle Ashton Main Huntoon in the ABC TV mini-series North and South, Book I (1985) based on the book of the same name from 1982. She reprised her role in the TV mini-series North and South, Book II (1986), and Heaven & Hell: North & South, Book III (1994). Terri is also known for her roles in the soap opera Texas (1982) where she made her acting debut as Allison Linden as well as daytime soap operas such as Dynasty (1987-1988) as Leslie Carrington, Suzanne Collier on Santa Barbara (1991-1992), Victoria Parker on General Hospital (1993), and Iris Dumbrowski in As the World Turns (2005-2010).
Besides her recurring role of Dr. Judy Tyson in 1 season of Mr. Smith in 1983, she also had guest or minor roles in TV series such as The Twilight Zone (1988), Quantum Leap (1989), Murder, She Wrote (1989), My Two Dads (1989), Matlock (1989), Jake and the Fatman (1990), Raven (1993), Charlie Grace (1996), and ER (2001). In 2006, Torri appeared in an episode of TV series Law & Order as Mrs. Carroll and also in the spinoff TV series, Law & Order: Criminal Intent in 2010. She also had minor roles in web series such as Miss Behave (2012) and Old Dogs & New Tricks (2013). As a movie actress, Terri appeared in Toy Soldiers (1984) as Amy, Key Exchange (1985) as Amy, Beyond My Reach (1990) as Terri Neilson, and Adam and Eve (2005) as Eve’s Mom. Around 2016, Terri and her older sister Lisa also started a natural handmade soap production company, SistersAlchemy.
Terri Leslie Garber
Miami, Florida, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Terri Garber attended Miami Palmetto Senior High School in Pinecrest, Florida, United States.
Actress, Entrepreneur, Former Model
- Father – He was a lawyer.
- Mother – She owned a cooking school.
- Siblings – Lisa Garber Rubenstein (Older Sister). She also has another older sister.
Terri Garber is represented by –
- Littman Talent Group (Talent Agent) in Calabasas, California, United States
- Signing Convention Experiences (Talent Agent Personal Appearance) in the United States
- Jackson Entertainment (Manager) in Burbank, California, United States
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Terri Garber has dated –
- John Heard (1980) – She dated fellow actor John Heard in 1980.
- Dudley Moore (1980) – She was in a relationship with the British actor Dudley Moore in 1980.
- Larry Gordon (1980) – Terri also had a brief encounter with Larry Gordon at the end of 1980.
- Tommy Mottola (1981) – She was in a brief relationship with the fellow businessman Tommy Mottola in 1981.
- Tony Roberts (1981) – Terri had a brief encounter with fellow actor Tony Roberts who was 21 years her senior, in 1981.
- Andrew Stevens (1981) – She dated the fellow actor, Andrew Stevens, who was 6 years her senior, in 1981.
- Treat Williams (1981) – There was an unconfirmed rumor that she hooked up with actor Treat Williams at the end of 1981.
- Robert Holden (1981) – She had a brief encounter with psychologist Robert Holden in 1981.
- Jason Miller (1982) – Terri encountered actor Jason Miller on a few occasions in 1982 and possibly dated him, even though he was 21 years her senior.
- Desi Arnaz, Jr. (1982) – In 1982, she had an encounter with Desi Arnaz, Jr. who is known for being the son of a well-known Hollywood couple, Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball.
- Stephen Collins (1982) – She dated fellow actor Stephen Collins for a little while in 1982.
- Tim Robbins (1982) – It was rumored that she dated the 2 years older actor in 1982.
- James Caan (1982) – She had an encounter with well-known actor James Caan in 1982, best recognized for his role of Santino “Sonny” Corleone in The Godfather (1972).
- Christopher Martin “Chris” Hager (1984-1989) – Terri met her future husband at the set of North and South, Book I (1985), where he was hired as a screenwriter. The two got married in 1985 and did so by eloping with a few close friends. They got married at a Bed and Breakfast place right next to a bar called Natchez Under the Bridge. After the marriage was made official, she sang a song titled My Man to Chris and the whole group just went to the bar next door to celebrate. The two have a daughter together named Molly Elizabeth Hager, born in Los Angeles, California, United States on July 5, 1986, who became a well-known actress and singer. Unfortunately, Terri and Chris got divorced in 1989.
- Mark Harmon (1986) – She and well-known actor Mark Harmon had a romantic encounter that ended quickly, after only a few days in 1986.
- Christopher Cazenove (1987) – She dated well-known British actor Christopher Cazenove in 1987.
- David Roberts (1989) – After her divorce from Chris, she had a brief relationship with Australian actor David Roberts in 1989.
- James Woods (1993) – Terri briefly got together with fellow actor James Woods, who was 14 years her senior in 1993.
- Andrew Dice Clay (1996) – In 1996, she reportedly had a romantic connection with a fellow actor named Andrew Dice Clay.
- Dean Parisot (1997) – She had an encounter with director Dean Parisot in 1997.
- Rick Marotta (1997) – In 1997, she and drummer Rick Marotta were rumored to be dating.
- Barnett Kellman (1997) – She got together with Barnett Kellman for a short while in 1997.
- Mark Johnson (1997) – Terri only had a brief encounter with director Mark Johnson in 1997 but neither of them pressed on with the relationship.
- Richard Ziegler (1998) – She had an encounter with a man named Richard Ziegler in 1998.
- Greg Germann (1998) – The two actors got together for a little while in 1998.
- Eric Black (1998) – Terri had an encounter with a man named Eric Black in 1998.
- Phil Robertson (1998) – In 1998, she publicly dated the 11 years older director, Phil Robertson.
- Keith Michaels (1998) – Some sources claimed that she and Keith Michaels were an item for less than a year in 1998.
- Bob Singer (1998-2000) – She started dating Bob Singer in 1998. Their relationship lasted for 2 years before each of them went their separate ways.
- Anne Churchill (1999) – According to an unconfirmed rumor, she might have hooked up with Anne, which would mean Terri was bisexual. However, since Anne was the only female she was linked with and the rumor went unconfirmed, it could potentially be discarded.
- Frank Howson (2001-2002) – Terri was married to a well-known director, actor, producer, music publisher, recording artist, singer, and writer, Frank Howson for 11 months, between July 21, 2001, and June 24, 2002. Frank, who had his own blog, documented their relationship and subsequent marriage on a number of occasions. The two were friends for more than a decade as she starred in his movie, Beyond My Reach (1990). In the early 2000s, Frank was supposed to be at the black-tie charity event for the Starlight Foundation and a few days before the event was to take place, he was lonely in his apartment. He contemplated whether to call Terri since she just broke up with an unknown person who she described as a “creep” and he decided to pick up the phone. She was very eager to talk and lonely herself that night, and Frank suggested they attend the charity event together as friends. She accepted right away and even though she was late to the date, she “took his breath away with her exquisite beauty” when she finally appeared in a black gown. He stated in his blog that he finally felt “whole again” and the two immediately rushed into a kiss. The night went well and they started sending e-mails back and forth, texted in online chatrooms, and called each other for the next few days, getting to know each other on a deeper level. Furthermore, Terri had a rule that she always upheld – no s*x until the 3rd date and when the day came, neither could wait for a second more from the desire that built up. The relationship developed quickly and they began living together to save on living expenses, and for him to stop wasting gas traveling to her house. At one point, Frank admitted to himself that if it weren’t for Terri, he would’ve completely shut down emotionally and that God himself sent her for a reason as it gave his life meaning again.
- Guy Humber (2002) – She reportedly dated a man named Guy Humber in 2002.
- Jake Garber (2002-2005) – She got together with makeup artist Jake Garber in mid to late 2002, after her divorce from Frank. He also played Tracker in Quentin Tarantino‘s movie Django Unchained (2012).
- William F. Roudebush (2013-Present) – On February 22, 2013, she married director William F. Roudebush, whom she had once been engaged to at the age of 17 at which point he was her high school drama teacher.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Puffy cheeks
- Bob haircut
Best Known For
- Her role of Ashton Main Huntoon in the ABC TV mini-series North and South, Book I (1985), North and South, Book II (1986), and Heaven & Hell: North & South, Book III (1994)
- Starring in TV soap operas such as Dynasty (1987-1988) as Leslie Carrington, Santa Barbara (1991–1992) as Suzanne Collier, and As the World Turns (2005-2010) as Iris Dumbrowski
Terri Garber made her first theatrical film appearance as Amy in the drama film, Toy Soldiers in 1984.
First Web Show
Terri Garber made her first web show appearance as Elizabeth ‘The Queen’ Archer in an episode titled Goodbye, for Now: Part 3 of the comedy, drama, romance series Miss Behave in July 2012.
First TV Show
Terri Garber made her first TV show appearance as Allison Linden in an episode of the drama series Texas in December 1982.
Terri Garber Favorite Things
- Singers (In 2006) – Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland, David Bowie, Fiona Apple, Billie Holiday
- Band (In 2006) – Counting Crows
Source – Terrigerber.net
Terri Garber Facts
- She modeled occasionally between the ages of 4 and 13 but always wanted to perform on stage.
- She was born in and grew up in Miami, Florida, United States.
- In her early teens, Terri chose acting instead of singing because she was too nervous to sing in front of a large audience and feared rejection.
- Terri began acting in theater at the Coconut Grove Playhouse in Miami, Florida, United States, at the age of 16.
- She has a Maltese dog named Boo. She also had a dog named Max who is a mix of Poodle and Maltese breeds.
- What started as a casual drug habit after she moved to New York City, New York, United States, turned into a huge drug problem, according to her. Luckily, she kicked that habit before being cast in the TV mini-series, North and South, Book I (1985).
- Terri got married in the exact same dress her character, Ashton Main Huntoon wore in the 1985 TV mini-series, North and South, Book I.
- She describes herself as a bit of a loner who can go a long time alone but then become extremely social. She also wears her heart on a sleeve, she’s honest, a good friend, and very emotional, which isn’t always a good thing, according to her.
- Terri regrets leaving the soap opera, Dynasty (1987-1988) because she got a bit bored and didn’t want to be type-cast and not get the chance to play different types of characters.
- Terri worked as a real estate agent in the past and had been a part of large companies such as John Aaroe Group, Coldwell Banker, and Prudential.
- She was on the cover of TV Guide in the #1797 issue, released on September 5, 1987, and also gave an interview for the magazine. They also named her “The Hottest New Vixen of the Year” in 1985.
- Visit her brand’s official website @ sistersalchemy.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, 2nd Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Terri Garber / Instagram