|Thomas Tuchel Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 29, 1973|
|Hair Color||Salt and Pepper|
Thomas Tuchel is a German professional football manager and former player who is widely regarded as a tactical innovator in modern football. One of the best coaches in the world, Thomas Tuchel has served as the head coach of the Bundesliga club Bayern Munich. He has also coached other clubs such as Mainz 05, Paris Saint-Germain, Chelsea, and Borussia Dortmund.
Krumbach, Günzburg, Swabia, Bavaria, Germany
Thomas Tuchel attended Simpert-Kraemer-Gymnasium. Afterward, he got enrolled at the Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University and graduated with a degree in business administration.
Professional Football Manager, Former Football Player
- Father – Rudolf (Football Coach)
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Thomas Tuchel has dated –
- Sissi – He got married to his wife Sissi in the year 2009 and they have been blessed with 2 daughters. It was reported in April 2022 that Sissi had filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Tactical knowledge and innovative training methods
Thomas Tuchel Facts
- Growing up, he was a “huge” fan of football and his first footballing idol was Hans-Günter Bruns.
- During his younger years, Thomas Tuchel was a member of his local club TSV Krumbach which was coached by his father. He then joined the academy at FC Augsburg in 1988 but never appeared for the first team. He was released when he was 19 years old and coach Heiner Schuhmann evaluated his tenure at Augsburg noting that he “was a passionate player who gave his all on the pitch, but had few friends among his teammates because he was exacting and demanding”.
- When he was a student, he served as a bartender at the Radio Bar in Stuttgart.
- In 1992, he signed for 2. Bundesliga side Stuttgarter Kickers and played 8 games during the 1992-93 season. He was dropped from the team after the 1993-94 season and then joined Regionalliga Süd side SSV Ulm.
- Thomas Tuchel played as a central defender for SSV Ulm but was forced to retire from the sport in 1998 due to a chronic knee cartilage injury.
- In 2000, he started his career as a coach and was hired by Ralf Rangnick as a youth team coach at VfB Stuttgart.
- He was hired by Bundesliga club Mainz 05 in 2009 and eventually concluded his Mainz career with a record of 72 wins, 46 draws, and 64 losses, from 182 games, with a win percentage of 39.56%.
- Replacing Unai Emery, Thomas Tuchel signed a two-year contract with Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) in May 2018. His first move in the transfer market was the permanent signing of Kylian Mbappé for a fee of €180m on July 1, 2018.
- Thomas Tuchel signed an 18-month contract (with the option for an additional year) with Premier League club Chelsea on January 26, 2021, becoming the first German to be appointed as head coach of the club.
- In October 2021, he was awarded his first Premier League Manager of the Month.
- Chelsea fans have called him ‘Tommy Tactics’ in reference to the high level of tactical play seen under him.
- He is an avid reader, mainly of crime thriller novels and books about architecture and design. He also enjoys tennis, rock music, and hip-hop.
- Thomas Tuchel is multilingual and speaks German, French, English, and Italian.
- He has described himself as an “imperfect vegetarian” who consumes minimal amounts of alcohol.
Featured Image by Alexander Böhm / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0