|Till Lindemann Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0¾ in|
|Date of Birth||January 4, 1963|
|Eye Color||Greenish Blue|
Till Lindemann is a German singer, songwriter, musician, and pyrotechnician. He is the lead vocalist of the German band Rammstein and the German-Swedish duo, Lindemann. He started his career with an experimental rock band in 1986 as a drummer, then eventually ahead in life, he became a vocalist. He is known for writing controversial lyrics and performing pyro tricks on stage during his performances. He has sold more than 45 million records with the band Rammstein, 5 of which received platinum status. Roadrunner Records included him in the “50 Greatest Metal Frontmen of All Time” list. He has released two poetry books titled Messer (2002) and Nächten (2013). He has also appeared in many movies. He is active on Instagram with more than 300,000 followers.
The Hammer, Till The Hammer
Leipzig, East Germany
Wendisch-Rambow, Schwerin, North Germany
Till attended a sports school at the Empor Rostock Sport Club at the age of 11.
Then, he went to a boarding school from 1977 to 1980.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Pyrotechnician
- Father – Werner Lindemann (Poet, Writer)
- Mother – Brigitte Hildegard “Gitta” Lindemann (Writer, Journalist)
- Siblings – Saskia (Younger Sister)
Neue Deutsche Härte, Industrial metal
6 ft 0¾ in or 185 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Till has dated –
- Anja Köseling (1985-1997) – Anja and Till were together for 12 years before they split. The reason for their break up was not revealed. Although, he reportedly punched her on the nose at the hotel. His lawyers refused to comment. He was ordered to pay a total of DM1200 to Anja by a German court for the apparent assault. They had a child together, a daughter, named, Marie-Louise (b. 1993).
- Marina Drujko (2000) – Russian model Marina and Till were briefly in a relationship around 2000 which went down the drain within a year.
- Sophia Thomalla (2011-2015) – German media personality Sophia Thomalla has also worked as a model, actress, and presenter. She also was active in the recreational sport kickboxing. She dated Till for 4 years. They had started dating in April 2011 and ended it in November 2015. Soon after, within a year, she got married to a Norwegian singer Andy LaPlegua.
- Alycen Rowse – Till is rumored to have had an encounter with the notorious American groupie named Alycen.
Note – Till had engaged in yet another romantic affair and has a daughter named Nele Lindemann. He was a single father to her for several years. Till’s only grandson is through his first daughter, Nele. The name of Nele’s mother has been kept private. He has two other sons.
Race / Ethnicity
Till has German ancestry.
- Face piercing around eyes and ears
- Smokey eyes
- Bassy voice
- Partially squatting and pounding his fist onto his thigh to the beat of the riff
- Tall muscular frame
- Very subdued offstage personality
Till has worked as the brand ambassador for U-boat Italo Fontana Watch.
Best Known For
- Using s*x toys in many performances
- Songs like Du Hast, AMERIKA, Mien Tiel and Ich Will among many others. In the song AMERIKA, he sings as to how American cultural and political imperialism has spread around the world.
Lindemann started his career as a drummer in a band called First Arsch (Schwerin-based punk band) in 1986. They released an album titled Saddle Up in 1992.
With the band Rammstein, his first album was titled Herzeleid which was released in September 1995. It reached #6 in German music charts.
Till’s debut feature film appearance was in the music documentary movie Achtung! Wir Kommen. Und Wir Kriegen Euch Alle in 1994.
First TV Show
In 1997, Till was seen in the music documentary show Jam in 1997.
Till has been known for having an athletic yet heavy body. His workout too, likewise, is vigorous. Till also follows a diet plan which can be checked out here.
Till Lindemann Favorite Things
- Food – Desserts, Seafood
- Fruit – Apples
- Drink – Red Wine, Tea
Source – Tumblr
Till Lindemann Facts
- He has had associated acts with Rammstein, Lindemann, First Arsch, Feeling B, Peter, Tägtgren and Jacob Hellner.
- His parents met at a conference in Bitterfeld in 1959. After 1975, his parents lived separately due to career reasons and eventually split when Till was still young. He lived with his father for a short period but it became toxic. His father described his problems with alcoholism and raising a teenage son in his book Oldfield im Schaukelstuhl.
- He participated in European Junior Swimming Championships in Florence in 1978 and finished 11th in 1500m freestyle. He was shortlisted for the 1980 Olympics in Moscow but never went through with it due to a sports injury. He never actually liked sports though, it was too intense for him.
- Apart from his career in music, he has also worked as an apprentice carpenter, a gallery technician, a peat cutter, and a basket weaver.
- In 2009, his mother had dedicated a letter to him named Mein Sohn, der Frontmann von Rammstein (“My son, the frontman of Rammstein”).
- He started writing lyrics in the 1990s.
- His band Rammstein was named after the ‘Rammstein Airshow Disaster’. During the band’s early years, he performed the top pyrotechnics and often burned his hand, hair, and ears. His band members said that he liked the pain.
- He was arrested at Worcester, Massachusetts along with his bandmate Christian “Flake” Lorenz for explicit sexual performance on stage. But that did not stop the band. In 1999, they performed the same song in the same manner at Roseland Theater in Portland, Oregon. The band was blamed for the Columbine massacre but they denied that it had got anything to do with their music.
- Rammstein won “World Sales Awards” for selling over 10 million copies of their albums in 2005.
- His voice is considered as a “dramatic baritone”.
- Even though his belief system is atheism, he states to have strong connections to Eastern Germany traditions.
- He used to run his own business in Berlin before he started his music career.
- Lindemann has stated that he “hates noise” and would often go to a village between Schwerin and Wismar.
- Owen Hargreaves, England soccer midfielder is good friends with Till Lindemann.
- ‘Bück Dich’ is his favorite song to perform on stage.
- Visit his official website @ skillsinpills.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Sven Mandel / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0