|Tom Thacker Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 11, 1974|
|Hair Color||Salt and Pepper|
Tom Thacker is a Canadian musician, singer, songwriter, and producer who is known for being the lead/background vocalist and lead guitarist of the punk rock band, Gob, as well as for being a member of the rock band named Sum 41. He has contributed his skills to a number of musical projects such as Foot in Mouth Disease, How Far Shallow Takes You, Screaming Bloody Murder, All the Good Shit, Too Late… No Friends, and World According to Gob.
Thomas Arnold Thacker
Tom, Brown Tom, T’Aint, Tommy
Langley, Metro Vancouver Regional District, British Columbia, Canada
New York City, New York, United States
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Producer
- Father – Bernie Thacker
- Mother – Ann Thacker
Pop Punk, Punk Rock, Alternative Rock, Hard Rock, Melodic Hardcore, Alternative Metal, Skate Punk
Guitar, Vocals, Keyboards
Aquarius Records, Island Records, Hopeless Records, Nettwerk Music Group, Aquarius Records/EMI, New Damage Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Lean body
- Often wears a cap or a hat
- Dimpled chin
He has either endorsed or promoted a couple of brands through social media which include the likes of Deering Banjo Co, Ernie Ball, Gibson, and Revv Amps.
Tom Thacker Facts
- In 1993, he formed the punk rock band, Gob, alongside rhythm/co-lead guitarist and vocalist, Theo Goutzinakis; drummer Patrick “Wolfman Pat” Paszana, and bass guitarist Kelly Macauley.
- Other than the founding members, many other artists have been a part of the band over the years and some of them are Tyson Maiko, Craig Wood, Jamie Fawkes, Happy Kreter, Gabe Mantle, and Steven Fairweather.
- With Gob, Tom Thacker released his first full-length studio album, Too Late… No Friends, in 1995 via Mint Records. It comprised of songs such as You’re Too Cool, Leave Me Alone, Open Your Eyes, I Want You Back Baby, and Custer’s Last 1 Nite Stand.
- He became a part of Sum 41 in 2006 after Dave Baksh decided to leave the band. Initially, Tom Thacker was hired as a touring guitarist who would not have any decision-making power in the band or be in videos, photoshoots, or albums of the band. However, later in 2009, he became an official member of Sum 41.
- As a member of Sum 41, he worked on the band’s 5th studio album, Screaming Bloody Murder, which was released on March 29, 2011, through Island Records. The album was ranked at number #5 in UK Rock Albums chart, in U.S. Billboard Rock Albums chart, and in U.S. Billboard Alternative Albums chart and its song, Blood in My Eyes, got Sum 41 nominated for the 2011 Grammy Award for “Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance”.
- Tom Thacker has worked with the pop-punk band, The McRackins, for a couple of their releases which include What Came First? and Comicbooks and Bubblegum.
- He has also been cast in films like Going the Distance and Sharp as Marbles.
Featured Image by Stefan Brending (2eight) / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0
He’s weight is 74 kg