|Travis Wall Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||September 16, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Travis Wall is an American dancer, dance instructor, and choreographer. He is best known for being the runner-up on Season 2 of dance reality show So You Think You Can Dance. He also won an Emmy for his choreography in the season 11 of the show. Travis specializes in tap, ballet, hip-hop, contemporary and jazz. He has amassed more than 700k followers on Instagram.
Travis Michael Wall
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Dancer, Dance Instructor, Choreographer
- Mother – Denise Wall (Owner of a dance studio)
- Siblings – Tyler Wall (Brother), T Scott Ross (Brother), Shannon Womble (Brother)
- Others – Danny Tidwell (Adopted Brother)
Travis self manages his career.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Travis has dated –
- Dom Palange (2011-2018) – Travis began dating UCLA gymnastics coach Dom Palange in 2011. The couple got engaged in March 2016. They, however, did not last long and parted ways in 2018. Travis announced the news of their split on his Instagram account on August 3, 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
He tends to dye his hair ‘silver’ and ‘blonde’ sometimes.
Travis has done advertisement work for brands like –
- Dr. Pepper
- Tommy Hilfiger
Best Known For
Being the runner-up on Season 2 of dance reality show So You Think You Can Dance
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut in So You Think You Can Dance as a contestant in 2006.
Travis keeps himself fit by practicing dance on a regular basis. He has been training in dance since the age of 3 and specializes in contemporary, jazz, tap, ballet, and hip-hop. He is also a gymnast. Besides this, he also works out on a regular basis as is evident by the gym selfies he posts on his Instagram account.
Travis Wall Facts
- When he was a little boy, his mother would put him in a walker and watch him imitate the dancers.
- His mother ran a dance studio Denise Wall’s Dance Energy where he began training at the age of 3 also taking part in several conventions.
- Travis began his professional dancing career when he got the chance to appear in a Dr. Pepper commercial at the age of 9.
- He went on to win the Junior National Outstanding Dancer Scholarship Award in 1999.
- As a 12-year-old, he began a two-year run in Broadway musical The Music Man on April 27, 2000, where he played a resident of River City/Winthrop Paroo. After his performance in this, he was selected to perform at the closing night gala of New York City Dance Alliance in the same year.
- He was awarded the “Teen Outstanding Dancer of the Year” award by the New York City Dance Alliance in 2006 and also went on tour with them for a year.
- He got recognition in 2006 when he competed on the 2nd season of the dance reality show So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD), and placed second at the age of 18 also receiving praises from the judges as being the most technically talented dancer of the show.
- After touring with 10 of the top dancers from the show, So You Think You Can Dance, he returned to the show as a choreographer in 2008 during the Season 4 auditions.
- Apart from So You Think You Can Dance, he has also made appearances in the dance competition television series Dancing with the Stars.
- He was also featured in the movmnt magazine in February 2007.
- Travis specializes in a variety of dance forms such as contemporary, jazz, tap, ballet, hip-hop, and even gymnastics.
- In his ideal time, he likes texting friends and surfing the web.
- He is a dog lover and has a pet Golden Retriever named Beckham.
- Follow Travis Wall on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Travis Wall / Instagram