|Udaya Bhanu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||August 5, 1970|
Udaya Bhanu is an Indian actress, host, and television presenter who is widely known for having appeared in several Telugu television programs and movies, including Magadheera in the past and Madhumati (2013), respectively. Udaya is the recipient of many accolades such as the Zee Telugu Apsara Awards in 2017 for being the “Golden lady of TV”.
Sultanabad, Karimnagar district, Telangana, India
She studied in Vikarabad till her 10th class. She acquired a Master of Arts degree in Literature.
Actress, Host, Television Presenter
- Father – S. K. Patel (Doctor)
- Mother – Aruna (Ayurvedic Doctor)
- Siblings – She has a brother who has been a software engineer.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Vijay Kumar (2004-Present) – She has been married to Vijay Kumar.
Race / Ethnicity
Large and expressive eyes
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Surendra Sainath Jewelers.
Udaya Bhanu Favorite Things
- Hobby – Cooking having cherished preparing a range of dishes varying from Avakaya Pachadi to pasta
Source – IdleBrain.com
Udaya Bhanu Facts
- She hails from a zamindar family in the Karimnagar district.
- Along with being doctors, her parents had also been poets. She had been named after the pen name of her father. She has recalled having got inspired by her parents and longed to write a book.
- Udaya had taken training in Kuchipudi dance from the age of 5. She took part in many competitions at the district level having always excelled in them.
- She has recalled that in her childhood, her aspirations and aims would change every time she watched a new film, as she would get heavily influenced by the protagonist in the movie. When she saw Kartavyam, she started craving to become a super cop. After watching Swarna Kamalam, she began dreaming of becoming an excellent dancer.
- When Udaya was in school, she used to be very tall and when she wore a saree, she would be amused as everyone would mistake her for a teacher.
- In her debut film Erra Sainyam (1994), she essayed the part of a girl studying in the 10th class while in her real-life too she herself was in the same standard in school.
- Bhanu has recollected that once when she was participating in a dance competition, no contestants had shown up for classical dance and so she had been asked to take part in it. However, she was prepared to do folk dance, and so had refused. This had upset the authorities that had made them give the first prize to another contestant while she had clearly performed the best. Seeing her depressed, her mother had explained to her that they would respect her when she became famous. She had got highly motivated to succeed in her career. Later on in her life, she saw the wisdom of her mother when the same organization called and felicitated her.
- She has liked watching films with comedy and sentiment and has avoided those containing violence or elements of horror.
- She has loved the company of kids and has dreamed of having a minimum of 6 of her own.
- Udaya has been a talented painter as well as a sketch artist.
- She has worked with charitable trusts in her spare time.
- She has enjoyed dancing in the rain.
Featured Image by Udaya Bhanu / Instagram