|Ugbad Abdi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Year of Birth||1999/2000|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ugbad Abdi is a Somali model who has made a name for herself in the fashion industry as the stunning model who walks the ramp wearing a hijab and she has walked the ramps for some of the most celebrated brands and designers like Roberto Cavalli, Chanel, Victoria Beckham, Fendi, Marc Jacobs, and Michael Kors.
Ugbad Abdi was probably born in 1999 or 2000.
Ugbad Abdi studied in a high school located in Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa, United States.
- Siblings – Ugbad Abdi has 5 siblings.
Ugbad Abdi is represented by –
- Next Management – New York
- Evolve Model Management
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Ugbad Abdi is of Somali descent.
- Wears head coverings while modeling
- Pouty lips
- Lean physique
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
Ugbad Abdi has either endorsed or promoted a number of brands through social media which include the likes of Michael Kors, GIVENCHY, etc.
Ugbad Abdi Facts
- She spent the initial few years of her life in Somalia. Later, her family fled the Somali Civil War and took shelter in a refugee camp in Kenya. Later on, in the year 2009, her family again relocated with a then 9-year old Ugbad to Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa with the help of the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF).
- Ugbad Abdi grew up in a Muslim household and started to wear a hijab when she was 14 years old.
- As soon as she graduated high school, she was scouted by an agency through the popular social media platform, Instagram.
- When she visited New York to meet with the agency representatives, it was her first time visiting the famous city altogether. That’s also when Ugbad Abdi signed a contract with the modeling and talent agency, Next Management.
- She made her fashion show debut by walking the ramp at the 2018/2019 Valentino haute couture show.
- She has also opened the New York Fashion Week shows for the likes of Marc Jacobs and Michael Kors.
- Ugbad Abdi has walked the ramps for several brands and designers like Roberto Cavalli, Chanel, Miu Miu, Simone Rocha, Sacai, Burberry, Fendi, Valentino, Matty Bovan, Lanvin, Max Mara, Off-White, Victoria Beckham, and Dries van Noten.
- In the year 2019, she became the first model to walk a runway while wearing a hijab for both Fendi and Lanvin.
- She has also been recognized as “one of Fall 2019’s breakout models”.
- Ugbad Abdi has appeared on the covers of several magazines such as The Sunday Times Style, i-D Magazine, Vogue Arabia, etc.
- She has been featured in many magazines and editorials which include Vogue UK, Vogue USA, Vogue India, Vogue Australia, V Magazine, i-D Magazine, Harper’s Bazaar UK, Elle USA, Harper’s Bazaar Russia, Harper’s Bazaar Germany, Harper’s Bazaar Singapore, and Harper’s Bazaar India.
- She is fluent in Somali as well as in English.
Featured Image by Ugbad Abdi / Instagram