|Usain Bolt Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4¾ in|
|Date of Birth||August 21, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Usain Bolt is a Jamaican retired sprinter who is widely considered to be the greatest sprinter of all time. He became a world record holder in the 100 meters, 200 meters, and 4 × 100 meters relay and is the only sprinter to win Olympic 100 m and 200 m titles at three consecutive Olympics (2008, 2012, and 2016). He shot to global acclaim with his double sprint victory in world record times at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, which made him the first person to hold both records since fully automatic time became mandatory. Often referred to as “Lightning Bolt”, he has received many accolades including the IAAF World Athlete of the Year, Track & Field Athlete of the Year, BBC Overseas Sports Personality of the Year (three times), and Laureus World Sportsman of the Year (four times).
Usain St. Leo Bolt
Lightning Bolt, V.J.
Sherwood Content, Trelawny, Jamaica
Usain Bolt went to Waldensia Primary. He then studied at William Knibb Memorial High School.
- Father – Wellesley Bolt
- Mother – Jennifer Bolt
- Siblings – Sadiki (Brother), Sherine (Sister)
His parents used to run a local grocery store in a rural area.
Usain Bolt has been signed with PACE Sports Mgmt, Sports Management Company, England, United Kingdom.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth was $90 Million in 2020.
6 ft 4¾ in or 195 cm
94 kg or 207 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Usain Bolt has dated –
- Mizicann Evans (2004-2011) – He first met Mizicann Evans (aka Mitzy) when she was 14 and Usain was 16 during a track meet. But, they didn’t start dating at that time. In 2003, Usain relocated to Kingston, Jamaica to Mitzy’s hometown and they soon started dating in 2004. Mitzy and Usain remained an item for 7 long years until 2011.
- Taneish Simpson (2010) – In 2010, he was briefly romantically linked with Jamaican TV personality, Taneish Simpson.
- Rebeckah Passley (2011) – In 2011, Usain was then RUMORed to have had a fling with a British girl, Rebeckah Passley.
- Lubica Kucerova (2011-2012) – From November 2011 to May 2012, Bolt and Slovakian fashion designer, Lubica Kucerova were an item.
- Megan Edwards (2012) – Usain met British model, Megan Edwards during London Olympics Game 2012 and was RUMORed to have had an encounter in July 2012.
- April Jackson (2013) – In 2013, Bolt dated Miss Jamaica Universe 2008, April Jackson for 4 months. They had also met for the first time in London Olympics 2012.
- Nailah Dillard (2013) – It is RUMORed that he had an encounter with Nailah Dillard in the year 2013.
- Kasi Bennett (2014-Present) – Usain started dating Kasi Bennett in 2014. They have a daughter together named Olympia Lightning Bolt (b. May 17, 2020) and twin sons named Saint Leo Bolt and Thunder Bolt (b. June 2021).
- Jady Duarte (2016) – He had an affair with Brazilian personality Jady Duarte in August 2016.
- Holly Young (2017) – In April 2017, he hooked up with Holly Young.
Race / Ethnicity
Usain Bolt is of African-Jamaican descent.
- Towering height
- Short hair
13 (US) (via The Guardian)
Usain has appeared in TV commercials for SportsCenter (2012), etc.
In 2012, Bolt was also seen in print ads and commercials for Soul Electronics SL 300 series headphones.
Usain has been sponsored by Gatorade (an energy drink).
Best Known For
Being the fastest-running man ever
He was seen in certain TV movies and documentaries such as Usain Bolt Documentary (2016), Usain Bolt: The Fastest Man Alive (2012), etc.
First TV Show
In 2005, Bolt appeared in a single episode of the television series Infinite Challenge as himself.
He takes care of his diet a lot. Like most of us, he also gets hunger pangs and urges to eat junk food. But, the difference is that we eat it and he doesn’t.
He switches the junk food with vegetables. He doesn’t know much about cooking apart from scrambled eggs. So, he has to depend on healthy foods from restaurants out there.
Bolt’s typical diet looks something like this –
- Breakfast – Ackee and saltfish (traditional Jamaican dish) with dumplings, yellow yam, potato, cooked banana
- Lunch – Pasta and chicken breast
- Dinner – Rice and peas with pork
You can see him training on YouTube under the guidance of his coach.
Usain Bolt’s Favorite Things
- Food – McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets
- Meal – None. He eats everything
- Tennis Player – Serena Williams
- Pastime – Dancing
Usain Bolt’s Facts
- Usain used to actively play football and cricket in his childhood. He didn’t think of anything other than sports.
- Usain became his school’s fastest runner in 100 meters race by the age he turned 12.
- Usain’s first love was cricket (though, he likes basketball more than cricket now) not running.
- He enjoys watching lawn tennis when Serena Williams plays.
- Before becoming a professional athlete, he used to party 3 times a month, which got reduced to 5 times a year. His partying was focused more on dancing and not on drinking alcohol.
- In 2010, Usain Bolt’s autobiography “My Story: 9.58: Being the World’s Fastest Man” was released.
- Since 1977, after the fully automatic time measurements became compulsory, Bolt became the first man to make a 100 m and 200 m world record in athletics.
- He made the world record in 100 m and 200 m sprints in 2009. Bolt completed the 100 m sprint in 9.58 seconds and the 200 m race in 19.19 seconds as per IAAF.
- Bolt has a strong liking for practical jokes.
- When he stayed in Beijing during the Olympics in 2008, he ate 1000 McDonald’s chicken nuggets because he found Chinese food odd. By calculation, it comes out to be 5000 calories and 300 grams of fat per day.
- He is a late owl who plays video games and watches movies at night.
- He is very lazy and has a great liking for junk food. Due to this, some of his friends and coaches believe that he would become fatty after retirement from athletics.
- Bolt supports Manchester United and even wanted to play for them after retiring. But, he changed his mind later.
- Herb McKenley and Don Quarrie are his Jamaican athletic idols.
- He is very much fond of music and played a reggae DJ in front of the Paris crowd in 2010.
- If he weren’t a sprinter, he would definitely be a fast bowler (in cricket) instead.
- In January 2023, it was revealed that Bolt’s $12.7 million was missing from his 10-year-old investment account with Stocks and Securities Limited (SSL) which allegedly happened due to fraud done by a former employee of SSL. Jamaica Financial Investigations Division and Financial Services Commission was looking into the matter.
- On January 31, 2023, Usain clarified that he was not financially broke with the loss of millions of dollars since that money was parked for his future use. But, he was really sad about that loss.
- Visit his official website @ usainbolt.com.