|Wes Morgan Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||January 21, 1984|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Wes Morgan is an English former professional footballer who is best known for his career as a defender for teams like Nottingham Forest, the Jamaican national team, Leicester City, as well as the Kidderminster Harriers. During the course of his career, he has won numerous tournaments such as Premier League, FA Cup, Football League Championship, and has received honors like Leicester City‘s “Player of the Season”.
Westley Nathan Morgan
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
93 kg or 205 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Wes Morgan dated –
- Morgan has two sons Rio (b. 2009) and Roman (b. 2013) with the sister of the professional footballer Leon Best.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Jamaican descent.
- Muscular Body
Best Known For
Being a very powerful and muscular defender. Morgan is considered as one of the toughest players to face in one on one duel.
First Football Match
At the time, Morgan was 19, he debuted for Nottingham Forest on August 12, 2003, in a match against Port Vale.
Wes first performed in a match for the Jamaican senior national team against Panama on September 7, 2013.
- Aerial Duels
- Speed and Quickness
Westley’s power on the football pitch comes from his dedication in the weight lifting room. He would often put hours in the gym lifting tons of pounds rather than working on his football skills. Morgan’s body size and strength is helping him endure and take advantage in almost every duel with his opponents.
However, we were not able to find any detail of his workout regime, although we are completely sure that he does a mix of Olympic lifting and power lifts during the off-season for an increase in strength.
If you wonder how these programs look like, we recommend you to visit the following links –
Westley Morgan Facts
- During his stay at Nottingham Forest (2002-2010), Morgan appeared in a total of 402 matches.
- Morgan became a captain of Leicester City before the start of the 2012-2013 season.
- On May 2, 2016, he won the 2015-2016 Premier League trophy with Leicester City and so became the first Jamaican to win a Premier League.
- At the age of 15, he was rejected by Notts County and was about to leave football.
- On January 20, 2012, Nottingham Forest turned down an offer from Leicester City. However only 10 days after, the Jamaican international signed a contract with Leicester City for a total fee of around 1 million British pounds.
- In the 2012-2013 season, he was Player of the Month for September.
- On September 1, 2013, for the first time, Wes was selected for the senior national team of Jamaica.
- His debut as a captain of Jamaica happened on September 9, 2014, in a 3-1 loss to Canada.
- Morgan is one of the owners of a tattoo studio called Blue Ink located in Leicester.
- He announced his retirement in May 2021.