|William H. Macy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 13, 1950|
William H. Macy is an American actor famous for his spectacular roles in a variety of TV shows and films especially, Fargo (1996), Cake (2014), Shameless, amongst others. He is known to appear in independent small films and has also appeared in a variety of action films. Macy considers himself a middle American man in Hollywood.
After finishing his high school in Maryland, Macy ventured into Veterinary Medicine, a field different from the arts. Later on, he realized his mistake as his unhappiness facilitated the transfer to Goddard College, where he met and studied under the popular playwright, David Mamet. Macy made his first clean break collaborating with David Mamet on different projects till he joined AFTRA which allowed him to receive the SAG card and made him one of the most recognizable Hollywood actors till date. He has played different roles in various shows and films including Thank You for Smoking (2005), Doogal (2006), Everyone’s Hero (2006), Room (2015), The Layover (2017), The Unit (2007), Nightmares and Dreamscapes (2006), and others.
William Hall Macy Jr.
Miami, Florida, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
William H. Macy attended Allegany High School at Maryland, United States, after which he studied Veterinary Medicine at Bethany College. He later transferred to Goddard College at Vermont, United States.
Actor, Writer, Producer
- Father – William Hall Macy Sr. (Airman, Insurance Broker, CEO of Construction Company) (Deceased)
- Mother – Lois née Overstreet (Deceased)
- Siblings – Fred Merrill (Brother)
William H. Macy is managed by ICM Partners.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
William H. Macy has dated –
- Carla Santos Shamberg (1980-1985) – Film producer Carla Santos Shamberg was married to William H. Macy for 5 years from 1980 to 1985.
- Megan Mullally – Macy was reportedly dating actress and singer Megan Mullally in the past.
- Felicity Huffman (1997-Present) – In 1997, Macy married his on and off girlfriend, actress Felicity Huffman. The couple has 2 daughters together named Sophia Grace (b. December 1, 2000) and Georgia Grace (b. March 14, 2002).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Hispanic)
He has Scottish, English, smaller amounts of French/Cajun, Irish, Welsh, Swiss-German, and Dutch, 1/64th Spanish, 1/512 Choctaw Native American ancestry.
- Wavy hair
- Striking smile
He has appeared in the TV commercials for various brands such as –
- Levi’s Easy Fit Jeans (1997)
- Gap Jeans (1997)
- Cling Free (1984)
- Microsoft (2003)
- Smith Barney (Voiceover) (2006)
- Brick Church (1986)
- Silk Almondmilk Vanilla (2013)
- Turbo Tax (2015)
- Taco Bell
Best Known For
- His supporting role in Fargo, a 1996 black comedy-crime film for which he received an Academy Award nomination in the “Best Supporting Actor” category in 1997
- His role as Frank Gallagher in the series Shameless
William H. Macy made his theatrical film debut as Critic in the 1980 film, Somewhere in Time.
First TV Show
William H. Macy made his TV show debut as Will Beagle on the mini-series, The Awakening Land in 1978.
William H. Macy Facts
- Macy was born in Maimi Florida but grew up in Georgia and Maryland with his father William Hall Macy, Sr. who flew a B-17 Flying Fortress bomber in World War II and was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross and an Air Medal.
- In 1980, William H. Macy concentrated on Broadway plays and appeared in more than 50 Broadway plays and productions.
- William H. Macy in his career has won numerous awards including Emmy Awards and Screen Actors Guild Awards.
- He is not just gifted in acting but plays the ukulele, showing his diversity in the arts.
- William H. Macy was involved in a scandal in March 2019, when it was reported that he and his wife had allegedly paid to secretly change their daughter’s answers in a college examination test. Macy, however, was not charged and only his wife Felicity Huffman was charged.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Peabody Awards / Flickr / CC BY-2.0