|Wilsn Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||Unknown|
|Born Place||Melbourne, Australia|
Wilsn is an Australian singer who is well distinguished for her soulful music. She has released several hit tracks such as Unmeet You (2015), Over Me (2016), and Love Me Back (2017). Wilsn has also released several EP’s including Don’t Give It Up (2015).
She divides her time between Nashville and Los Angeles.
Wilsn studied Jazz Improvisation at The Victorian College of the Arts in Southbank, Australia.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – She has a brother and sister.
Wilsn is represented by –
- Vincent of Second Son Production (Management)
- Seth Friedman (Manager)
- Brett of Missing Piece Group (Public Relations Agency)
- M Blackman of ICM Partners (Booking Agency)
Classical Soul, R&B/Soul
In the past, she had signed with Pulse Recording and Native Tongue Publishing. She has also released her music via many labels such as DK Records and Inertia.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Wilsn has dated –
- Stephen Mowat (2018-Present) – Wilsn married producer Stephen Mowat in January 2018. On January 13, 2019, she uploaded a few of their wedding pictures to her Instagram on the day of their anniversary.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
Wilsn has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
She grew up in a family that believed in Christianity.
Best Known For
- Releasing several hit singles such as Unmeet You (2015), Walking for Days (2015), Over Me (2016), and Love Me Back (2017)
- Releasing the EP Don’t Give It Up in 2015
- Making her debut at the South by Southwest 2017 event
As a Singer
Wilsn released her debut single titled Unmeet You on April 1, 2015, followed by her first EP Don’t Give It Up on November 10, 2015.
She has also released several other hit singles like Walking for Days (2015), Over Me (2016), and Love Me Back (2017).
Wilsn Favorite Things
- Singer Of All Time – Lauryn Hill
- Singer – Whitney Houston
- Australian Female Singers – Al Parkinson, Sia Furler, Katie Noonan, Ali Barter, Ella Thompson, Nai Palm, Siobhan McGinnity
- Australian Female Cinematographer – Michelle Grace Hunder
- Australian Activitist – Thelma Plum
- Place In Australia – Melbourne
- Café in Australia – Stagger Lees in Fitzroy, Melbourne
- Australian Jewelry Designer In 2017 – Lucy Folk
- She was brought up in Melbourne, Australia and later, she moved to Nashville, Tennessee.
- Wilsn was raised in a household that is musically inclined. She and her mother would sing in the choir, her brother plays the piano and the flute, and her sister also plays the piano.
- She can play the piano.
- Wilsn was 12 years old when she saw late singer-songwriter Aretha Franklin sing for the first time in the film The Blues Brothers (1980). Since then, she looked up to Aretha as her mentor and inspiration.
- Ever since she was in high school, she loved performing in the school’s jazz band.
- She enjoys listening to genres such as soul, blues, jazz, gospel, and RnB.
- Some of the singers she would listen to were Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Frank Sinatra, Nina Simone, Dinah Washington, and Carole King.
- In 2015, she performed live for the first time at legendary singer-songwriter Charles Bradley’s concert.
- The first song which she released titled Unmeet You (2015) earned its recognition 10 days after the initial launch. It was played on radio networks like Double J, Triple J, and ABC 774.
- In the past, she received a Music Works Grant to release her music in the United States.
- In 2017, she made her debut US tour at the South by Southwest 2017 event.
- Wilsn finds music to be one of the best ways to be able to express herself as she considers herself an introvert.
- Visit her official website @ wilsnmusic.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Wilsn / Instagram