|Won Bin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 10, 1977|
Won Bin is a South Korean actor and author who rose to fame with his role as Han Tae-suk in the romantic drama television series Autumn in My Heart in 2000. He has also been cast in several other projects such as Drama City -Small Station, Friends, The Man from Nowhere, Ready, Go!, Guns & Talks, Propose, Taegukgi, My Brother, and Mother. Moreover, he was named Gallup Korea’s “Film Actor of the Year” in 2010 and 2011 as well as was included in Forbes‘s “Korea Power Celebrity” list in 2011 and 2012, ranking 17th and 37th respectively.
Jeongseon County, Gangwon Province, South Korea
Won Bin attended a mechanical high school, where he studied car repair and mechanics. Later, he graduated from the Graduate School of Arts in Yong-In University in 2005.
He has also taken acting lessons.
- Father – He was formerly employed in a mine.
- Mother – She worked on a farm.
- Siblings – Won Bin has an older brother and 3 older sisters.
Won Bin has been signed with Eden 9.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Won Bin has dated –
- Kim Tae-hee – It was RUMORed that he once had an affair with actor Kim Tae-hee.
- Lee Na-young (2012-Present) – In August 2012, he started going out with actor Lee Na-young, whom he came to know after she joined the same agency as Won Bin in August 2011. The news of the duo’s romantic relationship broke out in July 2013 and they got married on May 30, 2015, in a small, private ceremony in Won’s hometown Jeongseon, Gangwon Province. Later, in August 2015, a press release from their agency Eden 9 announced that they were expecting their first child and on December 19, 2015, the agency announced that Lee had given birth to the couple’s first child, a son.
Race / Ethnicity
Won Bin is of South Korean descent.
Prominent Adam’s apple
Won Bin Favorite Things
- One Of His Favorite Films – Braveheart (1995)
Source – IMDb
Won Bin Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Jeongseon County in Gangwon Province, South Korea.
- He is the youngest of 5 siblings.
- Growing up, Won Bin excelled in athletics and holds a black belt in taekwondo.
- Due to his interest in car racing and motorcycling, he initially wanted to become a car mechanic.
- In November 2005, Won Bin started his military duty and was stationed at the Korean Demilitarized Zone, a position for which he volunteered. It was officially confirmed by the military on June 2, 2006, that Won Bin would be no longer active. He was discharged on June 7, 2006, following an injury to his ACL and subsequent surgery.
- For his performance in Autumn in My Heart in 2000, he won the 14th KBS Drama Award in the “Excellence Award, Actor” category as well as the 37th Baeksang Arts Award for “Best New Actor (TV)”.
- Won Bin co-starred as Cha Tae-sik in the 2010 action thriller film The Man from Nowhere and this role won him several accolades including the 47th Grand Bell Awards, 31st Blue Dragon Film Award, 8th Korean Film Award, and Cine 21 Award.
- In September 2007, he became a special representative of UNICEF Korea and visited children in the Gambia in 2009 and East Timor in 2010.
Featured Image by ACROFAN / acrofan.com / CC BY-SA 3.0